Christmas Night Snack Ideas Please

gypsy271, Dec 11, 8:35am
Hi all.we are having a big lunch and then pudding later on so would like some ideas for snacks.but nothing too filling like savouries etc. I have meat and cheese platter, fruit platter and cheese balls. Thanks

elliehen, Dec 11, 8:38am
Sounds as though you've already got it sussed, with those platters - as long as you've got some crackers in there.

uli, Dec 11, 8:40am
Christmas Night is the 24th for me . so when you have a "big lunch" on that day . and then "pudding later on" . I am not sure what sort of snacks you are thinking of . I would be in bed by then LOL :)

gypsy271, Dec 11, 8:40am
Just feel as if I need something else but not sure what!

cmjbp, Dec 11, 9:11am
Maybe some truffles made not too big!

wheelz, Dec 11, 9:13am
I'd just add some bread and salad of some sort. Then he hungrier ones can make a sandwich.

carlosjackal, Dec 12, 12:20am
If I have any room left in my tummy for food late on Christmas night, I would be very happy with a cheese board with fruit (grapes, cherries, figs etc.) and a lovely dessert wine or port.

sarahb5, Dec 12, 1:13am
We have our Christmas Dinner at about 5 because my sons will be working at lunchtime so if anyone is still hungry after that they know where the kitchen is and they can help themselves or just fill up on chippies and chocolate!

davidt4, Dec 12, 1:21am
That sounds like a lot of food if it's just for snacks after a big lunch.

All I'm intending to provide for our late afternoon visitors is some fruit (cherries, apricots, strawberries, plums) and some cheese, and nothing for dinner other than leftovers from lunch.

gypsy271, Dec 12, 5:28am
Well we are having an early lunch and then pud maybe round 4pm so needed snacks to keep all going throughout the night. Thanks for the ideas.

theboss17, Dec 12, 6:04am
mini burgerspate an crakers

nauru, Dec 12, 6:10am
This added to what you already have with some pickles and chutney