Scraper Mixer Breville BEM410.

minfo, Dec 6, 9:33am
is there anyone with this mixer!What is it like.It retails from about $299 I think. Wondering if it would be a suitable replacement to my old Kenwood.

kiwibubbles, Dec 6, 9:39am
that mixer got very good reviews on consumer

wheelz, Dec 6, 9:50am
Just bought one this week, love it so far. Talk turkey with salesman, got mine for $265.00

carlosjackal, Dec 6, 10:29am
It looks as though they may have come down in price since this review in the Consumer magazine in July this year:

BREVILLE - The Scraper Mixer BEM410R - $420
Overall: 87%
Good Points:
Excellent results for beating egg whites, mixing cake batter and kneading dough. Labelling shows what the different speeds are for. Bowl and attachments are dishwasher safe. Comes with a scraper-beater.
BUT:
When kneading dough the top of the mixer jolts and the unit moves on the bench. No splashguard supplied.

minfo, Dec 6, 8:57pm
Thankyou to you all for responding, and wonderful news it has come down in price. Interesting reading from the Consumer magazine carlosjackal. I am unsure about buying this one as had such a good Kenwood for years. As long as it mixes satisfactorily for all the baking I do.

wheelz, Dec 7, 1:07am
It's gruntier than the Kenwood, cos I compared the two in store.the advertised price of 400 odd will still be the shelf price, to get it lower, you have to haggle.

minfo, Dec 7, 5:19am
Thanks wheelz for your welcome advice. Think I will buy it but careful where I go to purchase it.