stick mixer

hoonguek, Apr 11, 10:45pm
have seen on many cooking sessions that they use this stick mixer to pulse soup. can anyone recommend a good brand. do i hv to know the wattage as well? thx

mss2006, Apr 12, 1:03am
Im sure they are all much of a muchness. Makes it easy for cleaning. Basicly the higher the wattage the more grunt it will have.

angel404, Apr 12, 1:08am
i just had a $12 one from the supermarket. no complaints here!

barloo, Apr 12, 1:11am
Metal will take the heat of hot foods, the plastic ones can not handle hot food as well as they will warp.

dezzie, Apr 12, 1:16am
I had a plastic one and yes it sucked the bottom a funny shape using it in hot soup, then I got a cascade one from the warehouse with a metal bottom bit, no complaints about it.

retired, Apr 12, 1:42am
I bought one (half price in Farmers) with a little wizz bowl attachment and whisk. I must say it is one of my favourite gadgets for making breadcrumbs and minced onion. All done in a flash and no grated fingers. Also made a lovely pate in it.

cookessentials, Apr 12, 1:43am
Just check the brand as i saw a recall notice in the weekend Herald for one of them, but i cant remember which one it was.

purplegoanna, Apr 12, 1:46am
ive brought a couple of items of a certain trader and hes never let me down, good value for price, my stick blender is one and hes still selling them283425614

retired, Apr 12, 1:46am
This was the George Foreman.

donnabeth, Apr 18, 9:05pm
I have a Braun with a small bowl and whisk attatchments. I use it most days and use the whisk to whip cream or beat eggs ans sugar for baking. I puree many soups and sauces but don't put it into boiling hot foods. It's a matter of planning what I want to do and when I want to eat it. I love it.

hezwez, Apr 19, 3:40am
Last week the Stuff site reported that a George Foreman Stick Mixer had been recalled as is there is a risk that the blender blade may break away from the blender shaft.
The mixer involved is model GFSM1, with batch numbers 0933, 0935, 0942, 0943 or 0949, sold between September 2009 and March 2010.
Customers are asked to call 0508 629 777 or write to freepost Salton NZ Ltd, PO Box 300 201, Albany, to arrange a free a replacement part.

fisher, Apr 19, 4:47am
Have a Kenwood... lasted for years now... all good. .

aktow, Feb 15, 10:19pm
had one and lasted only a month. put ice in mine and bowl broke where the blade goes on. . i had three other types but they used to twist open, the longest one lasted was 6 months before i burnt out the motors. . i used to make 10 litres of soup and i suppose that was to much for the cheap mixers. i did have one professional stick mixer that cost over a grand for work but some light fingered thief stole it. .