Chocolate brownie made with dates?

crystalmoon, Dec 4, 2:42am
Hi everyone, I saw a programme,the other week with dates as a main ingredient for the chocolate brownies,did anyone else see it or get the recipe.I thought it was Annabelle Langbein,but cant see it in her recipes.any help would be appreciated,they looked fantastic.Thought I had taped it,but didnt. Cheers :):) Hope someone can help.

wildflower, Dec 4, 2:57am
Someone posted the recipe on here last week, just do a search for brownie on the left hand side of the page.It was Annabelle.

crystalmoon, Dec 4, 3:54am
Hi wildflower,thanks but thats not the one,it had a tonn of dates in it,that I think were soaked first and then blitzed in the processor.Hopesomeone else has it,not even sure if it was Annabelles,But couldnt think of any others i usually record.Cheers,fingers crossed.

elliehen, Dec 4, 4:05am
Here it is if anyone else wants it :)

gardie, Dec 4, 5:51am
I made these and they went down a treat.I felt they were very, very rich but the rest of the family finished them off so couldn't have been too bad.It made a very big brownie (actually went over the edges of the tin) and took a lot longer to cook than the recipe said.Apart from that, relatively straight forward to make (I did the whole lot in the food processor from chopping dates, soaking, blitzing, adding other ingredients.

griffo4, Dec 4, 6:01am
Here is one made with prunes and it is really nice as well , just to be a bit different
Lite Chocolate Brownie
1/2 cup pitted prunes
1 cup water
125g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup strong black coffee
2 large eggs
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa
Place prunes and water in a small saucepan and simmer until prunes are very tender and liquid has mostly reduced, stirring until prunes break up into purée Remove mix to cool
Heat oven to 160C fan bake Line a 17cm x 27cm slice tin
Place chocolate and coffee in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water or microwave to melt
Stir until smooth, then combine with prune mixture
Place eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until thick and pale
Fold in chocolate prune mix
Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa powder together and gently fold into chocolate mix, to just incorporate dry ingredients
Spread mix into prepared slice tin
Bake 45 minutes or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out moist but clean
Remove to cool in tin before lifting out
Peel off baking paper and slice to serve
Tip
the prune mix gives this lite brownie a lovely chewy texture and replaces any need for butter in this recipe

katalin2, Dec 4, 8:37am
Annabel Langbein's brownie recipe is seriously good- made it at the weekend and it makes a decent amount and is lovely and moist- was very well received by everyone who tried it.

crystalmoon, Dec 5, 2:50am
Thanks so much elliehen,thought I had taped it,but couldnt find it then wasnt sure if it was her's. Hahaha had just brought some dates on sale yesterday in anticipation to making them and then couldn't find it.Your a life saver :):) Cheers and Merry Xmas everyone,thanks for the help.

crystalmoon, Dec 5, 2:54am
Thanks griff04,will give that a try too :)

wildflower, Dec 5, 2:56am
The one Elliehen has posted is the one I was talking about, and gathered you wanted.It was recently posted on here.

jessie981, Dec 5, 3:32am
Thanx elliehen, friend will be pleased.

clawed2, Dec 5, 8:24am
think I would leave out the chocolate chips next time, bit rich