Anyone got a yummo Choc brownie recipie??

sneeze04, Jun 18, 2:15am
Want one that isn't too dense. Ta

juliewn, Jun 18, 1:53pm
Hi. . this is my favourite. . posted here by Kiwigoldie. . no butter, eggs or oil needed - it's very moist and doesn't get a crunchy outer. . I've also made it using cold mashed pumpkin in place of the apple pulp in the recipe - and also with mashed cooked peaches - excellent result achieved with both. . Add some chunks of chocolate or a Jaffa lolly into the centre of where you'll cut each square, for a hidden treat inside. . :-)

Brownies (to die for) - no butter/marg/oil/eggs!
Ingredients
• 1 cup unsweetened apple purée/sauce
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish.

Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.

Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing into squares. If desired, dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.

I had these yesterday at a friends... they are from the healthy food website... are divine, moist and you cannot tell they have apple in them either. .

Quote - Kiwigoldie

mistrycelebrity, Jun 18, 9:08pm
This is my favourite from NZ women's weekly, but i guess it is pretty dense:

225g butter, cubed
200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, or use chocolate buttons
11/2cups firmly packed brown sugar
4 eggs
11/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
11/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen Icing sugar, to dust

1. Heat oven to 170°C fan bake. Line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with nonstick baking paper with an overhang on all sides. Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes to melt. Stir until smooth.

2. Beat in brown sugar with a wooden spoon, then stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa powder, then stir in chocolate chips.

3. Pour into tin and scatter with raspberries. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean but moist.

4. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares to serve.

juliewn, Jun 19, 11:11am
I made the recipe I posted again tonight. . added chopped dried apricots, halved glace cherries and sultana's, plus 3/4 cup coconut. . I sprinkled more coconut across the top of the mixture in the slice tin before baking. . with the result being, toasted coconut on top of a delicious moist slice. . Highly recommended. .

wellyslilangel, Jun 19, 11:30am
google the pandoro one its very rich and yummy

indy95, Jun 22, 4:00am
Bumped for donna139. The first recipe is from the Healthy Food Guide and makes a really good brownie.

katalin2, Jun 26, 10:30am
juliewn, fabulous recipe- making second batch this week- also added coconut and frozen cranberries- as you say, highly recommended and as it has no butter/oil, practically health food... ... . :)

juliewn, Jun 27, 4:32am
Hi Cathy :-). . hope all is well for you. .

It sure is delicious. . a must-make here now, and really nice with the mashed pumpkin or peaches too - I added cinnamon and mixed spice when using the pumpkin. .

glenys21, Jun 28, 11:54pm
Thank you juliewn, have just made your Choc Brownie and delicious. Very nice, thank you for sharing it with us.

kiwigoldie, Jun 29, 3:15am
Im glad you all seem to like that recipe... . i popped into the thread when i saw the title to add it... but have been beaten to it... its a great way of getting a little hidden fruit into the kiddies and yummy for the big kiddies too... decadent served warm with chocolate ganache sauce and a dob of whipped cream... however then not very healthy... enjoy all.

ribzuba, Jun 29, 3:22am
Don't know if you are still interested. but here is one we used to make a chocolate shop i worked at that would always sell out!
200g butter
200g dark chocolate
280g brown sugar
3eggs
80g flour
melt butter and chocolate. Whip sugar and eggs until very pale and thick, add flour then pour in chocolate and beat till thick and gooey. bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool. To ice make a ganache of equal parts cream and chocolate, pour over while still in the pan and let it set! We put allsorts of toppings on like hokey pokey, marshmallows, almonds and pistachios.

cookessentials, Sep 15, 6:43am
The cafe across the road from the shop makes a delicious chocolate brownie with raspberries through it. NOT for the weight watcher, thats for sure!