How do you thin melting chocolate?

nzbrat, Dec 2, 4:39am
I find it to thick for dipping! I know you cant add liquid tho right!

gardie, Dec 2, 4:44am
The best thinner is Kremelta although butter does work too.

nzbrat, Dec 2, 4:52am
So do I add the butter after the chocolate is melted or add it together! also if I used a pack melting chocolate how much butter would I use! thanks

nzbrat, Dec 2, 4:53am
I think kremelta taste like plastic.

gardie, Dec 2, 5:14am
Generally melt it together although you could always add some afterwards if its still not thin enough. You don't taste either the butter or kremelta in the chocolate.For a pack I'd put in about 25 grams.You can adjust it.Stir to combine.Because both chocolate and butter are fats, it is not a problem mixing the two.

lilyfield, Dec 4, 7:47am
in my humble opinion- i would not use butter- it usually has some water in it which can "set" your melted chocolat. kremelta only, not too much

sticky232, Dec 4, 7:52am
I thought you used cream

kiwijo, Dec 4, 9:20am
I would use kremelta because most butter has water added and it would spoil the chocolate. I would just add small amounts at a time.

uli, Dec 5, 7:55am
I use cream - why kremelta! Tastes terrible and is very unhealthy. Cream and dark choc tastes great!

letto, Dec 6, 12:06am
a good slosh will thin your chocolate and make it shiny as well.

tigra, Dec 6, 12:18am
Have you eaten plastic!

marblicious, Dec 6, 12:20am
Canola or pretty much any vegetable oil will do.

uli, Dec 6, 12:22am
You eat plastic every day with the oil that comes in plastic bottles or the cheese that comes wrapped in gladwrap. Softeners in plastic migrate into fatty foods.

nauru, Dec 6, 6:24am
I do this too, it just takes a little to thin the chocolate

nauru, Dec 6, 6:25am
My oil comes in a can not plastic

scout_6001, Dec 6, 7:04am
I use cooking oil too, works fine.