Chocolate Chip Cookies

eternity04, Feb 12, 10:38pm
Has anyone got a basic recipe for these please. I have one but it needs milk and we dont have much milk left. Being on a benefit our budget is very tight, so I only have the real basics of ingredients (flour, butter, sugar, chocochips, eggs). My miss 6 really wants to make some today, so HELP me please lol.

Thanks Jan..

245sam, Feb 12, 10:42pm
eternity04, try doing a search here on this trademe MB using chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip biscuits, or chocolate chippies as the Keywords and Anytime as the Date posted option.From time to time there have been various recipes for this popular biscuit posted so you should find one that uses the basics that you have to hand.

Hope that helps.:-))

charlieb2, Feb 12, 10:45pm
This is the Destitute Gourmet recipe.. it makes heaps, about 5-6doz:

Choc Chip Cookies
makes 5-6 dozen
1C butter
1C brown Sugar
1C white sugar
2 eggs
2T hot water
2 teaspoons vanilla ess
3 and a1/4C Flour
1t salt
1t baking soda
1-2 C choccie chips

Preheat oven to 180C.

Into processor put butter, brown and white sugar.Process until pale and creamy, then add eggs, hot water and vanilla.Process until fluffy and scrape into a large bowl.Sift together and stir in flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in choc chips. Drop teaspoonfuls (literaly drop, dont need to shape them) on greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10mins or until golden brown...

charlieb2, Feb 12, 10:46pm
also this tip from DG:Bickkies freeze well. If you don't want the whanau to scoff them all at once bung some in the freezer. You can also freeze uncooked cookie dough if you get 1/2 way through baking and run out of time.

sunny119, Feb 13, 2:35am
Easiest Choc Chip Cookies

1 egg
125g Butter (melted)
1C Brown Sugar
1 1/2 C Self Raising Flour
Pinch Salt
1C Choc Chips

* Preheat oven 180degC
* Beat egg and brown sugar till frothy and thick
* Add melted butter
* Add flour salt choc chips and mix
* Drop spoonfulls on tray lined with baking paper
* Bake 10min

These are really yum.

kinna54, Feb 13, 3:01am
Edmonds book vanilla bisc recipe is the tops! Have made this for years, recipe says use sultanas just replace that with the choc chips. Have used this recipe for 20yrs+. as also used by caterers. Another tip: when flattening bics use the round bottom of a small glass lightly dusted in flour.It makes the bic edges more smoooth and prevents them cracking at the edge, gives more even cooking.

lisaaa, Mar 30, 3:39am
this is the second recipe today that somebody has said is in the edmonds cookbook and I haven't been able to find it...would love the vanilla bisc recipe

(bought a new one when the ex got custody of my old faithful)

kinna54, Mar 30, 5:52am
Yep I notice the newer copies of the Edmonds book now just post a basic bic recipe, not good enough Edmonds. Oldies like me still have the ancient version.
Posting again:

Vanilla Biscuits
125g butter
125g sugar
Vanilla essence (few drops)
1 egg
225g flour
1tsp baking powder
50g sultanas ( replace with choc chips if desired)

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence together, add egg, then mix in dry ingredients.
Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls.
Put onto greased trays and flatten with a fork .
tip, I flatten biscuits using a rounded bottom glass, lightly dusted in flour. It makes the
biscuits a more even shape: no cracked edges.}

Bake 15-20 mins at 190 deg C.

kinna54, Mar 30, 5:55am
Ps: if you want any others that aren't in the new book just ask and I will post (that's if they're still readable, got my Edmonds book when first married. *mine is 1976 edition* )but won't part with it.

lisaaa, Mar 30, 7:54am
Thanks kinna !!I remember my Mum making Vanilla Biscuits, had forgotten about them till I read your post.:)

elliehen, Mar 30, 8:18am
That is the classic edition - and much sought after.I wouldn't part with my 1976 one either, and have collected many editions over time.

lisaaa, Mar 30, 10:12am
what about 1973..I see there is one for sale just now

kinna54, Mar 30, 10:43am
Buy it lisaaa!. I have a couple of recipes from my mum's book that was even older, e.g pumpkin pie, that isn't in my one so yep it's worth having.

elliehen, Mar 30, 10:49am
lisaaa, this is the 1976 one - auction states they don't know date because there's a page missing...#364229635

guest, Aug 7, 2:20am
this is a bit late I know (these posts were in March) but the Edmonds choc chippie biscuit recipe is in the illustrated book and they are called Sante biscuits. Also, I've just used the Destitute Gourmet recipe above (thank you, I lost my book and love this recipe) and I only had one egg and these have worked out fine and are very tasty indeed :)