Breville Scraper Mixer vs Kenwood KM270R

00743, Nov 12, 4:20am
which one scrapes the bowl better!

maynard9, Nov 12, 7:34am
I bought a Breville 5 months ago and I love it.

Consumer gave it a good report too.

lyl_guy, Nov 16, 4:02am
I'm looking at mixers at the moment. the reviews for the kenwood KM270R are not good at all. the beaters don't reach anywhere near the bottom and sides.
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/kenwood-patissier-km270-series.html

If choosing between the two, I'd go for the breville.But if I baked more often (to justify the price), I'd get a kitchenaid,

thelaw014, Nov 16, 4:51am
I have the Breville BEM800 and it is great, and beautiful to look at. I got Lemon Meringue. I just couldn't justify the $1,100 for the Kitchenaid.

radark, Nov 17, 6:06am
so basically they were all much of a muchness and jolted around when using the dough hook regardless of price

kiwibubbles, Nov 17, 8:19pm
i have the breville and love it. Also check out the motor wattage. When i was looking the Kenwood motor had a lower wattage i think!

cookessentials, Nov 17, 8:49pm
People get hung up on wattage ! All belt driven machines are high wattage ,they need to be to turn the belt. Good quality machines are gear driven, therefore, they use lower wattage which is why more professional chefs use gear driven machines. I have a kitchenaid
and would use nothing less. Remember, they are not just for baking!

wheelz, Nov 17, 9:26pm
What else do you use your beater for

kiwibubbles, Nov 18, 12:26am
wow! sorry for being so hung up on wattage! haha

deea, Nov 18, 1:08am
I LOVE my Kenwood. It has done a lot of work and never let me down. I would absolutely buy another one