Your worst baking disaster

Page 4 / 4
duce3, Dec 10, 10:16am
I made all our bread and rolls when we first got married and one time my dough for 4 loaves wouldn't rise no matter where I put it.So I threw it out in the garbage can in some newspaper and started again.You should have heard my landlady several hours later screaming at me for making a mess in her rubbish.The dough had risen the lid off and was oozing all down the sides.guess I found the right place to raise it!
PS. It got laid to rest under the Rhododendron bush a couple feet down

rainrain1, Dec 10, 6:29pm
I made a huge potatoe topped fish pie for the shearers, which was just out of the oven when the rousey came to collect it.As I laid the dish down on the back seat of her car, the wee foxy jumped in at the same time, straight into the hot pie and out again as quick as a you like, yelping it's head off.What a commotion, but I still sent the pie down to the shed:-)))
Dog and I were both ok after the shock wore off,I don't know about the gang having to eat dog-paw decorated fish pie, I never ever asked

indy95, Dec 10, 11:58pm
Love this ! First prize to duce3.

dimples4, Dec 11, 4:57am
About a month after I got married my father in law was doing some work for us so I decided to make him Macaroni Cheese for lunch. I dished it up andwhile we were eating it I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to put the cheese in. Father in law was to polite to say anything. Another time we had just bought a new oven. Looking at the recipe book I decided to make caramel scones. Recipe book said put on a tray with sides. I thought it wouldn't hurt to put on a flat tray (all I had). Brown sugar and butter melted, dripped off the tray, onto element and burst into flames. What a mess in my new oven. My husband is our pav maker. One year he didn't read the recipe because he reckoned he rememberes it. All was going well but I kept telling him to check it because I could smell it. But no he knew best. In the morning he went to check it to find it was as black as the ace of spades. The oven was too hot.Son took a photo of it and my sister in law from Aus thought it was a snake.

tinkagirl, Dec 11, 6:32am
good lord what sort of shape and size did it come out as!

makespacenow, Dec 11, 8:28am
Not baking but food related. We hang chocolates on Christmas trees back home (winter). I did the same after moving here the first year. Got back home from the beach and had brown puddles on the carpet. Hip they all melted in the heat. Doh moment.

tinkagirl, Dec 13, 8:08am
hahaha this reminds me of the time my dog sat on my girlfriends sponge bob cake that was sitting on the passenger seat of her car.