Denheath Custard Slice

Page 1 / 2
marcs, Nov 1, 6:41am
I don't see what the fuss is about. The piece I had today did not taste nice. It tasted powdery.

kiwitel, Nov 1, 6:47am
I tried one too . and did not like it either. Was so excited since i heard they were so yummy. Was disappointed.

minfo, Nov 1, 7:20am
Agree, when up in South Canterbury recently tried one in a coffee shop and thought the custard had an unusual taste. Found better elsewhere - and cheaper!

lodgelocum, Nov 1, 7:31am
Same, think they are tasteless, can't understand how others rave about them.

harrislucinda, Nov 1, 7:57am
not forthepricetheycharge!onlycustardwithcreamthru

rainrain1, Nov 1, 6:41pm
Same with those macaroons, horrible little nasty things, bah humbug

herself, Nov 1, 7:41pm
I Love Denheath Custard Squares :)
Macaroons! Not so much.

tigerlilly16, Nov 1, 8:10pm
Cool - lets all be honest about stuff people rave about that we actually dont like - I despise corriander!

herself, Nov 1, 8:18pm
OK.Coffee.I love a good HOT cup of coffee, but loathe anything else with coffee flavour.No Tiramisu, No coffee cake, No Iced coffee.just HOT in my cup thank you.my husband thinks I am very odd.lol

rinny5, Nov 1, 8:26pm
I'm the opposite herself - can't stand coffee to drink, but love cofffee cake etc.

ibcreative, Nov 1, 11:01pm
I don't like the Denheath either. Give me an old fashioned Custard Square with the firm custard in the centre not that light fluffy tasteless stuff.

ibcreative, Nov 1, 11:58pm
Olives - bleurgh!

omega12, Nov 2, 12:32am
At last, I thought I was the only one who hated Denheath's Custard Squares. And I love a good custard square (just like the ones from the bakery in Green Bay.yumm). I've searched for a good recipe but can't find one.

eastie3, Nov 2, 12:44am
Someone on here once said the Denheathones had cream cheese in the recipe, not sure if true, but for the price they charge I thought they would be superb. Local bakery does a good CS.

herself, Nov 2, 2:53am
heehee.I lurrve Olives.glad we all have different tastes.something else I can't stand.Surimi.man I hate that stuff.

elliehen, Nov 2, 3:07am
The hate coriander club has its own Facebook page ;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-hate-coriander-Worst-herb-ever/323868066424

kiwibubbles, Nov 2, 3:14am
yes i think they use cream cheese in the icing on top of the custard squares

svx1, Nov 2, 5:47am
I have to agree too i was so excited to try one and what a dissapointment the texture was terrible and the taste was awful.The recipe that someone placed on the recipe thread made with cream cheese is just beautiful!

beechee51, Nov 2, 8:59am
Tried my first one last week and I also was disappointed, in some ways I was pleased as I will not be tempted again. Nothing like a good old custard square!

bluecalico, Nov 2, 8:16pm
I love them.they need to be fresh though and at room temp. to get the full flavour.Maybe they have changed the recipe since I last ate one!The ones from New World are quite good.

toadfish, Nov 3, 12:03am
I love them.
I also love roasted Almonds but loathe Almond Essense in baking - tastes nothing like Almonds.

ibcreative, Nov 3, 12:40am
I love almonds too but hate almond essence. Almond icing is the worst - yuk!

actiongirl1, Nov 3, 3:49am
Ha ha, I am the opposite, will have anything with coffee flavour EXCEPT.drinking coffee, I just can not drink it.

marcs, Nov 3, 3:56am
I do not like instant coffee. I think they are yuk. I do like the real stuff though but don't have it too often.

marcs, Nov 3, 4:00am
I had heard so much about it but live in auz so had to wait till I was home to try it. Did all the research to see where I would find it and then made special time to go down to the cafe and try it. I was so disappointed. I would rather have the good old fashioned ones or even the ones made with instant pudding and cream. That is nice also. Glad I am not the only one. The custard was not very sweet and it had this powdery taste to it. The icing was alright.