Masterchef Professionals

Page 3 / 6
bedazzledjewels, Nov 3, 4:08am
The pigeon prep was the toughest challenge they've had yet, I think! But at least I know how to pluck one in the unlikely event I have to!

bedazzledjewels, Nov 9, 10:36pm
Heston tackles airline food at 12 followed by Masterchef at 1pm. I think today the challenge is something to do with preparing fish on Professionals.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 10, 2:15am
Quite amusing. After the young guy had made a hash of gutting the sea bass, he described himself as feeling gutted!
Heston - I learnt that salt and sugar lose their intensity at altitude but umami doesn't. Interesting!

cloudberry, Nov 10, 6:33am
The "gutted" remark made me smile too, Dazz. I haven't been watching the Heston series. There's something about him that irritates me.he's a bit smug!

I read an interview with lovely Michel Roux Jr - it seems he runs marathons. So that's how he stays so slim and wiry-looking!

jaygee1962, Nov 12, 9:35pm
I was interested to see Monica go in from the top of the fish to remove the backbone as I have only ever seen it done going in through the belly, both by professional fish processors and old school fishers.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 13, 12:39am
The semifinal on Saturday will be good as these contestants are all at a similar level.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 17, 1:23am
I thought Matt may have been leaving today but he came up trumps. Why do these chefs keep cooking risottos and chocolate fondants! They hardly ever seem to come out right.
I think there's one more batch of contestants to go through the ropes!

cloudberry, Nov 17, 9:50pm
I was impressed by Kim, she is so calm and confident and her cooking has been consistently good. Sorry to see the guy with the tattooed stars on his neck (blanking on his name) go - he had real flair and inventiveness. It's a tough contest.

Agree about the choc fondants! In Gregg's immortal words "Masterchef is littered with the corpses of failed chocolate fondants".

bedazzledjewels, Nov 23, 4:08am
I see that Marco's Kitchen Burnout takes the place of Heston tomorrow at midday. Anyone seen it before! I assume it's Marco Pierre White!

davidt4, Nov 23, 4:28am
I hadn't heard of it so I looked it up.here's what Wikipedia says:

"Kitchen Burnout was a British cookery reality show airing on ITV, and was created by ITV Studios, which featured prospective chefs competing with each other for a final prize. The first series aired in April 2010, presented by Marco Pierre White. The programme will not be returning due to poor ratings, with Hell's Kitchen taking its place."

I think I might give it a miss.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 23, 4:41am
Oh dear - not a patch on Heston!

bedazzledjewels, Nov 24, 12:05am
What on earth did Marco have on his head!! Was he trying to look like Imran Khan!

iriegirl, Nov 24, 2:50am
It's a spare teatowel isn't it! Lol

bedazzledjewels, Nov 24, 2:54am
Looked awful!
A couple of promising chefs in this latest group on Professionals.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 30, 10:04pm
It starts earlier today - 1pm.

cloudberry, Dec 1, 12:18am
My trusty MySky is doing its thing for me. Will watch it later with a glass of red.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 1, 12:42am
That sounds a lot more civilised Cloudberry.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 15, 12:35am
The cooking's stepped up a level now. Yum!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 15, 1:49am
You can see that Michel really likes Alison. It's good to see him laughing. Will be fun to see Monica back next week too.
I can't imagine how awful the Australian Professionals is going to be by comparison.

davidt4, Dec 15, 3:02am
Alison's food looked great today, but I hope she doesn't have a nervous breakdown before the finals.

What an awful jacket Michel was wearing, with that peculiar stitching.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 15, 3:25am
True - it was a bit country looking! Alison would have been in trouble though if Michel hadn'thinted that her soufflés were cooked. I like her, so I hope she gets right through.
Why do contestants cook risotto though! I've never heard that anyone has cooked it correctly.

davidt4, Dec 15, 3:34am
No, they all seem to fuss with it too much, also they don't seem to understand that risotto evolved as a stand-alone first course and is not by its nature suited to being served as the carb component of a meal.Especially when they deliberately make it so thick and gluggy that it can be rolled into quenelles.

iriegirl, Dec 15, 4:19am
Isn't it getting good! Looking forward to next week and my favourite weekend cooking show!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 15, 4:24am
IT's going to be fun seeing them working out in the restaurants and good to see the earlier contestants return for the semis - that young girl, Claire and was it Ben!

cloudberry, Dec 15, 4:28am
It's getting really exciting! I agree about Michel's awful jacket, DavidT4. Who permitted that lapse in taste! I loved the look of Alison's food, so did the judges by the look of it. I was sorry to see Ursula go, though. I liked her but her offering just wasn't up to the others. She seemed like a nice person. I am intrigued by Ash's accent so I just had to look on Wikipedia to see where he comes from - he's Tasmanian.