Masterchef Professionals

Page 2 / 6
iriegirl, Jan 28, 4:58am
Thanks bedazzled, am going to be on the edge of my seat for the last one I'm sure, such talent! I'd eat any of their dishes! ( not to mention the amazing places they've been preparing them in)

davidt4, Jan 28, 5:01am
What absolutely wonderful food!I would eat everything, even the lamb sandwich.And the kitchen was so calm and civilised.

Shame about that jacket.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 9, 8:08pm
It's on again today at 1pm.
Must be almost the final episode. I think they're cooking for the Michelin star chefs today - and Monica!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 10, 1:13am
Just wow! I didn't think Ash would make it. So kind of Steve to help out the others.

books4nz, Feb 10, 6:45am
I agree bedazzled - great they helped him at the end with his plating - looking forward to the final next saturday, reminder set into my mobile phone!

cloudberry, Feb 10, 9:48pm
I didn't think Ash would get there either, Dazz! He looked totally frazzled. Bu oh my, didn't his dish look fabulous. And Steve was such a sweetie helping Claire and Ash plate up.I notice Michel calls him "Stevie" - he's obviously fond of him. I had to smile at Alain Roux - he certainly looks like someone who has spent many years eating and drinking and living the good life! His thin marathon-running son doesn't take after him in looks, at least.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 10, 11:45pm
I liked the old guy! Bet he's plenty of fun around the dinner table. Funny because I always thought Michel Snr was the father.
I thought Steve's dessert was a huge success. It was good to see him firmly in control all through this challenge.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 16, 10:42pm
Bump for the final today at 1pm. I see that in next Saturday's tv schedule, the 2012 series of Professionals starts.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 23, 11:34pm
Currently the UK series is screening on Saturday afternoons TV1 early-ish.
But - Australia is going to have a Professionals series too, hosted by Marco Pierre White.

http://www.masterchef.com.au/all-new-masterchef-the-professionals.htm

bedazzledjewels, Oct 23, 11:34pm
Currently the UK series is screening on Saturday afternoons TV1 early-ish.
But - Australia is going to have a Professionals series too, hosted by Marco Pierre White.

http://www.masterchef.com.au/all-new-masterchef-the-professionals.htm

cloudberry, Oct 24, 2:14am
Hmm. Interesting, Dazz. It could be worth watching but I hope they don't turn it into a sideshow. The thing I like about the UK programme is that it is.professional! It's all about the cooking. Also like Michel Roux Jr who is so supportive.not sure about White, he has a rep as a bully. I will wait and see!

davidt4, Oct 24, 2:48am
Marco is fascinating, but a little goes a long way I suspect.I hope he doesn't just bellow at people.Michel Roux Jnr is great, and so accomplished.

jaygee1962, Oct 25, 3:09am
MPW is a great mentor/teacher, it's just he doesn't tolerate fools.I imagine there will be a bit of bellowing tho as nerves are bound to have some of the chefs doing and saying things they probably shouldn't.

I'm really enjoying the UK Professionals, bit bummed that they keep bumping the programme for other stuff though.That young girl Claire put up some fab food in the last programme.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 26, 7:29pm
UK Masterchef Pros - 1.30 TV1 today.

Heston series - Heston's Mission Impossible - at midday.

Happy watching!

maggie197, Oct 27, 1:18am
"You need to shave and cut your hair before you see my boss." - just love Monica.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 27, 2:10am
No pc rubbish there! Love it too. Some good young chefs in this batch.

mwood, Oct 27, 4:18am
they are not however professional chefs - just good cooks

bedazzledjewels, Oct 27, 4:52am
Well how do you describe a professional chef! One of today's bunch was a head chef with the Armed Forces. I think it's a condition of entry that they are working in a "professional" kitchen! This isn't the ordinary old run-of-the-mill Masterchef.

dezzie, Oct 27, 5:18am
Thething I love about Marco, is that if theres some snooty customer who doesn't know what the hell they are complaining about, he WILL tell them where to get off as well, backing his staff, its one thing I find quite bemusing in the resturant scene, you have some obnoxious twits complaining about something that is in no way the kitchens fault, more a fault in them ordering something they didn't understand.ok if its burnt, or you find a hair in it, or a fly, but complaints like "my pork belly has fat in it" its like.what!!!!

strebor1, Oct 27, 5:20am
I look forward to it coming, I can't get enough of these programmes, but won't sit watching them early in the afternoon. Hopefully they will give it a good time slot.

kaddiew, Oct 27, 5:34am
Well I watch it and from the contestants' intros they all appear to be working in professional kitchens. some of them head chefs. Definitely not "just good cooks".

kaddiew, Oct 27, 5:34am
Well I watch the UK Masterchef Professionals, and from the contestants' intros they all appear to be working in professional kitchens. some of them head chefs. Definitely not "just good cooks".

mwood, Oct 29, 2:33am
yes of course but that is the UK program - we are referring to the Ostralian wannabees

mwood, Oct 29, 2:33am
ok - you obviously have different standards

cloudberry, Nov 3, 2:33am
Oh, I felt so sorry for those poor baby chefs faced with Monica and a dead pigeon! Especially the first boy who looked terrified but still managed to get through, (because Gregg liked his pastry!) and the girl who had never plucked a bird before.