De-odouring fridge

quickstitch, Oct 14, 1:12am
any handy tips to get a bad odour out of fridge (and freezer). we left some raw fish in the fridge a bit to long and it pongs. got rid of the source of the smell but it has been three days and it is still high.

auntlb, Oct 14, 1:16am
Dissolve some baking soda in water and wipe out fridge then dry.Then wipe fridge with vanilla essence diluted in water.I sometimes leave a small bowl of vanilla essence in water in fridge for a couple of days - it leaves a nice scent.
Not sure about the freezer though - probably same would work once freezer has been defrosted and then you could wipe out

quickstitch, Oct 14, 1:23am
thanks for the tip. i doubt i will find either baking soda or vanilla essence in the pantry (bachelors pad) so i will do a trip to the shop, cheers

cats5, Oct 14, 1:45am
slice a lemon in halfand put in

figjamto, Oct 14, 6:50am
Buy a cheap bottle of Vanilla essense (the imitation sort) as do as above :O)

kiwiscrapper1, Oct 14, 7:39am
Also white vinegar

camper18, Oct 14, 8:56pm
You can also buy a deodorising pad at appliance shops

marcs, Oct 15, 12:40pm
I keep a small tub of baking soda (powder form) in the fridge to absorb the ordors. It works

kingstone1, Oct 15, 4:46pm
Put a dry tea bag (go on, you can afford it), inside your fridge once you've cleaned it as per other suggestions above, and the inside is thoroughly dry.Replace it every 3 or 4 months. Your fridge will generally be less susceptible to unsavoury odours.

hesian, Oct 15, 8:43pm
Newsprint absorbs smell.I even use newspapers if my newsprint roll has run out.Good if you can leave the freezer empty and clean for a couple of days but otherwise even with food inside will help.

lizbeth1, Oct 16, 1:45am
Remember tupperware jelly moulds we used to make sandwiches in them now I am a pensioner aand my memory not as good as it was I have no idea how to make them any one out there remember!

lindylambchops1, Oct 17, 8:28am
Lettuce, Tomato, cheese grated with chopped onion in it, egg, all the norms really, it is all the same. It works best if you can fridge it for a good 4 hours or more. Enjoy.

lindylambchops1, Oct 17, 8:28am
Layer bread all the way through covering all the jelly mould surface, then just layer all your fillings and more bread etc. once jelly mould is full (make sure your last layer is bread) jam the lid on it and refrigerate, when you want to eat, open it, put a chopping board under it and remove the jelly mould, then slice it with a bread knife.