Kenwood--Brand New 32 years old!

dalkemade, Sep 30, 9:52pm
Like an opinion from all you cooking people. I have a friend who wants me to list for sale an English Kenwood wotsy, it has all the bells and whistles and has never been opened. He will guarantee it works. The only problem is he wants to ask $500. Gulp, that sounds high to me. Opinions please

cookessentials, Sep 30, 9:59pm
bearing in mind that is IS new, i dont see it as a problem, however, it IS 32 years old ( things have moved on somewhat LOL) perhaps is best to let it go to auction to see what it might fetch. Perhaps he can try setting the reserve at that amount and see what happens.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 30, 10:23pm
My mother's got a brand "new" one of that era too! Still in its box! I think they put things away for a rainy day that has never quite come!

davidt4, Sep 30, 10:29pm
I'm told that the older Kenwoods are far more reliable than the new ones, the components are better quality and the assembly more careful.You never know -you might be surprised at what someone will pay for it.

dalkemade, Sep 30, 11:16pm
Thank you for your comments. Food for thought.

nauru, Oct 1, 5:38am
I'm presuming thatthe wotsy is a Kenwood Chef mixer, I have one ()also English) which is well over 40 years old and is still going well.It was originally my MIL'sand has been well used over the years by both of us and has never needed any work on it in all that time.Spares for these machines are still available from Kenwood UK. I recently replaced the seal on my Liqiuidiser attachment, very reasonably priced and mailed directly to NZ.These older ones are far superior to the newer models.

melinda1, Oct 1, 7:50am
Agree you might be surprised at what it sells for as the new ones are made in China and no where hear as sturdy.If I didn't already have one it's what I'd prefer-Made in England!

duckmoon, Oct 1, 7:53am
A new one with all the accessories will cost around$900

$500 seems too high, but $300 would be unreasonable.

Why not test the market, you don't have to sell it for less than your reserve

bella95, Oct 1, 7:58am
Have a look at the prices 'well used' Kenwoods go for on here.
You might be surprised by how much they fetch!

dalkemade, Oct 1, 8:50pm
Thanks for your replies. Im tending to think asking $400 but will see what the friend says.