Kenwood Triblade

homecomfitz, Apr 24, 11:05pm
I am after a stick blender and am wondering if anyone has tried the Kenwood Triblade.It looks really good but is a bit more expensive than other stick blenders.I mainly want it for soups and for smoothies with frozen berries.Has anyone had any experience with this please.TIA>

pickles7, Apr 24, 11:14pm
I have a three in one set and love it. 2 speed is very handy, so many of the stick blenders only have one speed.

olwen, Apr 24, 11:16pm
I have one (supplied as an insurance replacement after a fire).My old one (Sanyo) had a whisk and chopper bowl, so that was my replacement criteria.

The chopper bowl on this one is better than my old one andis great for chopping small quantities.The stick blender seems to have plenty of power.I'm not convinced that I need the bigfoot as well as the standard one.The whisk is smaller than my old one but when I compared them as big as my hand whisk.

I didn't like the masher the first time I tried it, but gave it another go.It makes a very smooth mash.More to my partner's taste than mine (I like a little texture left).

All-in-all a good machine.Not sure I would have spent the money on it because I tend to look for whatever is on special, but it feels like a machine that will give years of use.

pickles7, Apr 24, 11:24pm
I cannot remember the make of my first stick blender, but it blew up rather fast, it had one speed, fast. This Kenwood one, has lasted me now for 6 years and shows no sign of giving out. sounds just like the one ....olwen....has

olwen, Apr 24, 11:41pm
Incidentally the triblade has 6 speeds, so plenty of options there.I can't say I've really given this a workout yet.Just moved back into my redecorated house.

raewyn64, Apr 25, 1:43am
I just got one a week ago with Flybuys so it didn't cost me anything. I haven't used it much yet but do like the masher. i thought it might be flimsy and bend when it tried to mash but it is working well.
I find the power unit is quite heavy but not an issue for me.

homecomfitz, Apr 25, 2:09am
Thanks for your replies.Olwen sorry to hear about your fire.I really like the look of this machine, just wondering whether the price is worth it.Now to just wait until it comes up on special.

Thanks again.

olwen, Apr 25, 2:17am
Just thought I'd add that nothing about this says flimsy.It is a little heavy, and I have small hands and sometimes find the release buttons for the attachments hard to manage.

raewyn64, Apr 25, 2:52am
oh I very much agree - I just thought the masher might have been flimsy but when I got it I was really thrilled with it and my mashed potatoes have been really lovely and smooth and yum since using the machine.

cookessentials, Apr 25, 3:37am
I prefer the SwissBamix personally. http://www.bamix.com/home-en.html

pickles7, Apr 25, 3:44am
Six speed cool, Mine would be way older, mine has a blender, whisk, bowl with chopping blades. rubber mat on the bottom of the bowl. I have not had much luck with "fly buy" stuff. Hope you get a good run out of yours....raewyn64....

olwen, May 7, 6:33am
Bumping for clair4

clair4, May 7, 7:42am
Thank you olwyn

chooky, May 8, 3:05am
I got one today for mother days.I didnt expect something that expensive as I had asked for a stix blender.Cant wait to use it. I was amazed how heavy the actual stix is thou.

djpablonz, May 8, 11:08am
OMG I got one for Mothers Day too!, Already used it to rub butter into flour (30 secs tops!) to make the lightest ever buttermilk scones and to whip cream to add on top, YUM. These are FAB. Never want to use another brand again.

chicco2, May 8, 6:42pm
I have a Bamix thats 20yrs old. Its a gem.