Julia's Lemon Syrup Cake

jayc14, Sep 30, 7:38am
I am unable to find recipe for Julia's (Masterchef) lemon syrup cake, any help please,thanks

marcs, Oct 1, 11:18am
I have looked and can not find the recipe either.

jayc14, Oct 1, 10:32pm
thanks Marc,I will try again, don't know where else to look really.There is usually someone on TM who can find these things, thanks anyway

bedazzledjewels, Oct 1, 11:15pm
Here is Julia's new website. She has only 3 recipes up right now, and sadly not this cake. But you might be able to contact her from here.
And she now works at Zumbo's.

http://juliataylor.com.au

245sam, Oct 1, 11:32pm
and I have looked too.
When some of the recipes cannot be found on-line I often wonder if there may be a book in the making at some stage and that the recipe(s) are (IMO rightly so) being wthheld for that reason.:-))

mwood, Oct 1, 11:47pm

jayc14, Oct 2, 1:09am
Well that seems to be that - for now.Will keep an eye out on her website - it was certainly yummy looking.Nigella's would be too of course.
Thanks again.

pam.delilah, Oct 2, 3:44am
this is a nice one

Lemon Syrup Loaf

1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
juice of 2 lemons
zest of 1 lemon
Method
Beat oil, sugar and eggs until thick and creamy.
Add the lemon juice and zest and stir in flour and yoghurt.
Pour into a lined loaf pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Heat syrup ingredients together until sugar is dissolved and then allow to cool. While the loaf is still hot pour over cooled syrup.

griffo4, Oct 3, 8:14am
l made the one in the link and it is really nice and it is still warm so it will be really nice when cold but it has a real syrup on it after l got distracted and left the syrup and it had almost got to toffee stage but very nice

opio, Oct 7, 10:22pm
Thanks, have the lemon syrup loaf recipe.Will keep a watch out for the cake - they could both be very similar I think.