Loly Cake, can I use maple syrup instead of Golden

getafix61, May 14, 8:59am
Golden syrup or can I delete the golden syrup completely - will it make a difference?

korbo, May 14, 9:00am
should be ok, but i have never put gold sy in lolly cake. how much does it say

getafix61, May 15, 8:59am
Golden syrup or can I delete the golden syrup completely - will it make a difference!

kinna54, May 16, 9:14am
I have never put either golden syrup or maple in a lolly cake. Just 100-125gms butter, and 1/2 cup condensed milk, melted together. Google a recipe, there are lots around. Made an awesome one on Fri with a pkt of dark chocolate wheaten biscuits (98 cents a pkt at p'n'save cheaper than malt bics ) it was awesome. Tip: after melting the butter and condensed milk let it cool a bit before adding to the dry mix, and just add gradually, to avoid making mix too wet.

aimz_bj, May 16, 10:29am
I have never heard of golden syrup in lolly cake, just condensed milk

asue, May 16, 9:00pm
kinna54 - recipe please with wheaten biscuits

lilyfield, May 16, 9:06pm
using maple syrup makes it rather expensive.

beebs, May 16, 9:09pm
condensed milk, butter and malt biscuits here

terraalba, May 17, 12:08am
Maple syrup is a delightful taste sensation,a beautiful woody aroma and delicate flavour. It's my favourite taste of all time. I reckon the taste would all get lost in lollie cake. It would make the lollie cake expensive

jag5, May 17, 1:32am
Never used Golden syrup either.......strange

kinna54, May 17, 6:09am
Lolly cake with *dark* choclate wheaten biccies
120-125gms butter
1/2 tin condensed milk
1pkt dark choc wheaten biccies (200-250gms) pkt.
180gms fruit puffs cut in 1/4's
coconut to coat.
Melt butter and condensed milk together, allow to cool for a few mins, add *gradually* (sometimes you don't need all the liquid as different brands of biccies can vary in quantity.) to thecrushed choc wheaten biccies and chopped lollies and stir to combine.
Shape into a log shape, roll in coconut and chill until set. When set cut into slices.
I have also made this with marshmallows or for special occassions with after dinner mints cut in half.

kinna54, May 17, 9:14am
I have never put either golden syrup or maple in a lolly cake. Just 100-125gms butter, and 1/2 cup condensed milk, melted together. Google a recipe, there are lots around. Made an awesome one on Fri with a pkt of dark chocolate wheaten biscuits (98 cents a pkt at p'n'save cheaper than malt bics ) it was awesome. Tip: after melting the butter and condensed milk let it cool a bit before adding to the dry mix, and just add gradually, to avoid making mix too wet.

terraalba, May 18, 12:08am
Maple syrup is a delightful taste sensation,a beautiful woody aroma and delicate flavour. It's my favourite taste of all time. I reckon the taste would all get lost in lollie cake. It would make the lollie cake expensive

jag5, May 18, 1:32am
Never used Golden syrup either.strange

kinna54, May 18, 6:09am
Lolly cake with *dark* choclate wheaten biccies
120-125gms butter
1/2 tin condensed milk
1pkt dark choc wheaten biccies (200-250gms) pkt.
150-180gms pkt fruit puffs cut in 1/4's (that is heaps)
coconut to coat.
Melt butter and condensed milk together, allow to cool for a few mins, add *gradually* (sometimes you don't need all the liquid as different brands of biccies can vary in quantity.) to thecrushed choc wheaten biccies and chopped lollies and stir to combine.
Shape into a log shape, roll in coconut and chill until set. When set cut into slices.
I have also made this with marshmallows or for special occassions with after dinner mints cut in half.