Natural/pure maple syrup....

sara134, Feb 9, 4:07am
does anyone know where to get it please? :)

tortenz, Feb 9, 4:17am
I buy real maple syrup from the supermarket... you will know it by the price difference :)

245sam, Feb 9, 4:17am
sara134, according to Woolworths website they have two brands of "100% pure maple syrup" / "real maple syrup" :

"ocanada syrup pure maple 250ml
100% pure maple syrup. ideal for pancakes or waffles. naturally 100% fat free. also makes a great glaze for ham or chicken. $10.63"
and
"steeves syrup maple btl 250ml
real maple syrup, no artifical flavours. steeeves maples the original canadian syrup since 1869.$8.73"

Hope that helps.:-))

alebix, Feb 9, 4:21am
Apparently, the real stuff has a maple leaf on the label and it "should" say its from Canada.

Purcahse from a supermarket and a small bottle will cost around $8-$10 not on special.

sara134, Feb 9, 4:22am
I had a look in woolworths last night when i was doin the grocery's but couldn't see anything like that , will check out pak n sav maybe they will have it. Are these maple syrups grade B? thanks for the advise :)

elliehen, Feb 9, 6:59am
It's well worth buying the real thing.The artificial-flavoured maple syrup just does not compare.The genuine maple syrups mentioned above by 245sam are first quality.

jag5, Feb 9, 7:34am
I always get Steeves....when available...really nice.

gardie, Feb 9, 7:58am
Don't buy the artificial stuff - if you want some, make it yourself.Destitute Gourmet has a recipe and its brown sugar, water and vanilla essence.My kids prefer it to the fake stuff - and guests have no idea.Wouldn't compare it with the real thing though.

cookessentials, Feb 9, 8:01am
I only ever buy the real deal...I get mine through Moore Wilson. Springtree certified organic pure maple syrup, product of Canada on the label.

cgvl, Feb 9, 9:00am
we buy the Queen brand. get it from New World.
I read the labels and found that this one doesn't have anything but maple syrup in it.
Queen
Australian owned
100% pure maple syrup
certified organic.
and on the back it has the following:
Premium organicCanadian maple syrup

Have also bought the O'Canada one.
The others all have sugar and water as ingredients.

catstwo, Feb 9, 9:24am
I second Queens, its really good. New World has it.