Golden syrup dumplings

allurs, Jun 11, 8:11am
Has anyone made these in the oven ? have been requested to make them for a dinner for about 12 people and will be busy with other things so thought if i could just pop in the oven while having maim course would be easier for me any suggestions appreciated thanks

cookessentials, Jun 11, 8:24am
I have only ever done them in a lidded saucepan

elliehen, Jun 11, 9:10am
Found this in a search:

Quote theanimal1 (78 )9:15 pm, Wed 15 Dec
Golden Syrup Dumplings

Serves 4-5

Ingredients

SAUCE
11/2 cups water
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
20g butter

DUMPLINGS
40g butter
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup milk

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Make the dumplings. In a bowl rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gently add the milk and mix until combined, but do not overwork.
3. Divide the dough into dumpling-sized pieces.
4. Place the dumplings into a casserole dish or cake tin. Pour the boiling sauce over the dumplings.
5. Cook in the top half of the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Serve the dumplings immediately with sauce from the casserole dish poured over.

Note: The dumplings can be steamed if the sauce is prepared in a large saucepan. Drop the dumplings into the boiling sauce, cover with the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.

motorbo, Jun 11, 9:12am
omg i havent had them since i was a teenager (yeah that long ago haha) it should work if you dont lift the lid

cookessentials, Jun 11, 9:13am
Thats about the recipe I do in the saucepan

gojojo2, Jun 11, 11:37am
Really love this old one:
Delicious Rhubarb Dumpling
1 1/4 C flour
1 tspbaking powder
4 oz butter
Milk & water to mix
3 to 4 stalks rhubarb chopped
Syrup:
1 C sugar
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1 knob of butter
1 Cup boling water
(Mix well to combine)

Rub butter into sifted flour and baking powder. Add milk/water combo to create a pastry mix. Roll out - fill with rhubarb and roll as in a roly poly. Pour syrup into a dish and place pastry on top. Bake at 200 deg cel for about 30 minutes...baste with syrup.

allurs, Jun 11, 11:27pm
thanks so much will give a go 2day