What your best recipe for sauce to over pasta

angel361, Oct 3, 9:18pm
I love pasta and looking for some quick, easy, yummy recipies that do not take too long, especially of use can freeze the sauce, ta

red2, Oct 3, 9:39pm
I make a heap of basil pesto in summer and freeze it into icecube holders . When the pasta is cooked I drain it then put a few cubes of the pesto in - very easy , very yum

sarahb5, Oct 3, 10:01pm
Favourite pasta recipe in our house is traditional carbonara - not really a sauce though because it's just eggs, bacon and cheese mixed into cooked spaghetti.I've bumped the thread with my carbonara recipe in it - really quick and easy to make, cheap too!

biggles45, Oct 4, 12:43am
Cook thinly sliced leeks in butter, add chopped bacon, salt and cracked pepper to taste. Stir in about a cup of white wine with either a can of coconutcream or a pottle of ordinary cream, heat through. Stir the cooked pasta (I use fettucine) into it. You can use the cream and wine mix with chicken etc rather than bacon.

angel361, Oct 4, 5:14am
thanks sarahb5

angel361, Oct 4, 5:15am
Thankd biggles45 - sounds yum

angel361, Oct 4, 7:42am
sarahb5 I dont buy parmesan cheese, I buy colby, could you just use 100g of colby, can you explain when you put the pot back on the heat how you dont scramble the eggs, I have never cooked carbonara before but would like to try your recipe, thanks

sarahb5, Oct 4, 9:09am
You need at least tasty - colby is too mild, too stringy to get the proper flavour effect, in my mind anyway.When you put the pot back on the heat you need a very low heat and stir it quickly so that it sets but doesn't scramble.

angel361, Oct 4, 8:18pm
thanks sarah

sarahb5, Oct 4, 8:34pm
Sorry my reply wasn't worded very well - I think Colby, when cooked, goes too stringy - it needs to be a cheese that has a kind of dry, crumbly texture before cooking if that makes sense, so tasty or parmesan work well.You don't need much parmesan - it's just for flavour - but I think you would miss out on the flavour if you skipped the tasty.

angel361, Oct 4, 9:12pm
thanks heaps, will post how it goes when i get roung to doing it, will prob try and use a little parmesan

sarahb5, Oct 4, 10:05pm
I hope you enjoy it - it's my fall-back dinner when I want something quick and easy with only a few basic ingredients (although bacon is hard to find in my fridge during school holidays) and I know that everyone will eat it without complaint!