Dip in a bread case

chrisynz, Oct 5, 2:02am
have lost my recipe. i know u hollow out bread, mixed together cream cheese, cheese and other stuff, but not sure. just want a simple tasty one. thank you

valentino, Oct 5, 2:12am
A nice and simple one if you cannot find yours.

Cheese Cob loaf.
One large cob loaf (cut top off and hollow out, taking the inside bread in chunks rather than crumbs)
250gm cream cheese
1 small pot natural yoghurt
1-2 cups grated cheese
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt, pepper and any herbs you fancy.
Mix all filling ingredients together and put back into loaf.
Put lid back on and wrap in foil and bake about an hour in moderate oven ( about@180degrees)
You can speed it up by baking just 15-20 min in oven and finish in microwave for 5-m10 minutes until filling has all melted and blended together.
Serve with the inside bread chunks, which can be left as is, or brushed/sprayed with oil or butter and baked for a about 5 minutes until crisped a bit.
Can also serve with vegetable sticks to dip in the cheesy sauce.

worzel6, Oct 5, 2:12am
1 and 1/2 punnet cream cheese
3/4 cup condensed milk (yes condensed milk)
1 onion diced
1 tspn curry powder
silverbeet
garlic
11/2 cups grated cheese
mix all ingrediants place inside a hollowed cob loaf wrap in tinfoil and bake 1 hour in moderate oven.

This is delicious!

kinna54, Oct 5, 2:29am
Alison Holst has a few : A nice one is her hot cream cheese dip:
Sorry I can't scan it, and not up to typing it all out today, but google search should help.

kinna54, Oct 5, 2:36am
Here we are: found this one of Alison's for you: simple and tasty:

Cobb Cheese Loaf
1 Cobb loaf (obtainable from most supermarkets)
1 medium carton cream cheese
1� cups tasty cheese
4 Tbsps mayonnaise
2 spring onions
3 gherkins
6 sundried tomatoes

Cut top off cobb loaf. Take bread out of middle of loaf (keep for dipping). Chop gherkins, spring onions, sundried tomatoes and then mix all ingredients together and put in loaf shell. Replace top. Put in oven at 160�c for an hour. About 20 minutes before loaf is ready place reserved bread bits for dipping on oven tray to bake (I also cut up about 6 slices of normal toast bread to bake at the same time). The Cobb loaf is also really nice with raw veges to dip.

chrisynz, Oct 5, 2:49am
ty, u are all very helpful

jessie981, Oct 5, 2:52am
tasty & always get comments
Savoury Bread Dip
Vienna or Cob loaf
2 ctns cr cheese
celery
onion
tomato
ham
zucchini
mushroms
peppers
courgette
Remove lid from bread. Scoop out bread & set aside.
Lightly sautee` diced vegetables. Stir n cr cheese.
Replace lid & wrap n tinfoil.
Heat through 1 - 1&1/2 hrs @ 150.
The removed bread can be cut into fingers or bite size pieces & crisped in the oven to use for dipping.

tjman, Oct 5, 3:40am
Cream cheese,
mayonaise
Worcester sauce
thin sliced salami
cheese grated
small diced gherkins

katewest, Oct 5, 5:51am
I do a couple of different ones. One with 1 tub sour cream, 1 tub cream cheese, 1 cup grated tasty cheese, 1/2 pkt frozen spinach (thaw and squeeze out excess water) and 1 pkt onion soup mix. The other is the same sour cream, cream cheese and cheese but I then add some bacon and onion (I fry them up first) and a bacon and onion soup mix. Both are then just mix all ingredients together and put into hollowed out loaf, wrap in foil and bake at around 160ish for an hour.

blou, Oct 5, 7:59am
Cob Loaf top off(saved )in food processor 250g cream cheese I can salmon drained ,I /2 cup mayo (best foods) I c Gated cheese salt pepper wizz gently back in to the cob lid on cover in tin foil bake 180 30 - 40 mins firm favouritesalmon is creamy not too fishy

otterhound, Oct 6, 3:27am
250 g cream cheese (I use light)
2 cups grated tasty cheese
Small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped.
Mix together and put in hollowed out cob loaf.Replace lid on bread, wrap in foil and cook 150 degrees for an hour.Never fails to please, and really easy=)

willemakeit, Oct 7, 12:29am
i put chopped up ham or bacon in mine.

megy3, Oct 25, 11:08pm
Wow, lots of different recipes for it! I do mine as follows.

Dice up a whole onion, about 4-5 strips of streaky bacon and a garlic clove or two. You can also use the crushed garlic out of a jar, entirely up to you. Fry it all together in a pan until onion is transparent and bacon is cooked.

Then chuck it all into a fairly big bowl with a 250g pottle of cream cheese, about half a cup of grated cheese, some chopped up silverbeet (doesn't need to be cooked beforehand) and some salt and pepper to taste. Mix it all up and then transfer into your hollowed out cob loaf. Put the lid back on and wrap in tin-foil. Place in oven on 180 for about an hour, 160 if fan baking and vwa lah! You have the tastiest dip ever! Goes down a treat wherever I go with it. You can also add a teaspoon of curry powder and half a cup of mayonaisse if desired, is optional but I reckon tastes far better without it.