The Great Christmas Recipe Thread

Page 4 / 47
natcat2104, Aug 31, 1:44am
Bumping I'm looking for inspiration! Gotta get the shopping lists organised!

timetable, Aug 31, 2:31am
and bumping to the top again good luck with the inspiration natcat - good on ya for startin early! !

timetable, Aug 31, 7:54pm
1st of sept! ! not long to go folks - start the planning! ! ! blessings for the day

jenna68, Sep 6, 5:22am
well, I am in awe and very jealous avis, well done you :O)

timetable, Sep 6, 7:29am
hi tracey! ! gotta be on the ball this year as heaps happening, more so than last year! ! 2 teenagers away off next year, so we have been getting linen and stuff orgainsed for christmas presents and we have been really busy ministry wise as well - really hard some days heartwise with what folk are journeying through but God is good and we get there. blessings for the week - got the other 3 christmas puds done yesterday and another lot in soaking in gingerale so will do those on tue and finish the patchwork for england then too - take care!

timetable, Sep 7, 6:28am
bumping for the night crew - hi everyone! ! hitting hte sewing machine tomorrow and more christmas puds in the frezzer so gettin there - blessings all, hows it goin? ? ?

timetable, Sep 7, 8:09pm
bumping for 107th day till christmas hows everyones planning going? ? ?

timetable, Sep 9, 10:22am
bumping cos it ain't far away now ....105 days to go.....6 christmas puds done and down in the frezzer so far...

timetable, Sep 9, 7:40pm
only 105 days to go! ! if ya haven't started planning yet then would suggest that you jump right on in and enjoy the time spent sorting the recipes! ! yummmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey! ! ! !

timetable, Sep 12, 7:52pm
102 days to go - man its comin up fast! ! nearly at the 'hundie'! ! whats everyone cooking for christmas? ? ? ?

blessings all and have a great day.

a_n_h, Sep 13, 2:29am
hi all... . . this thread is sooo awesome. i have copied and pasted some of these great ideas as a word doc tosave and print off later. i have a couple of laybuys going and spent a good hour or so sorting out the lights and other decorations. trying to decide what colour theme to go with this year... . a quick question though-how far out can i make cookie dough for gingerbread people and the stained glass cookies? does the mixture freeze ok?

timetable, Sep 13, 3:17am
hi a_n_h! i usually make my cookie dough a couple of months out - anywhere from mid sept to beginning of oct, then spend a couple of sat's making up the cookies and then i just put them back down (cooked) into ice cream containers. the stained glass bickies will be fine to freeze as well. i make my christmas puds from aug through and then just frezze - i just wrap them up well before i frezze them. have fun and hey well done on the planning! !

a_n_h, Sep 14, 1:32am
thanks timetable... i might over the next couple of weeks start buying ingredients and make up cooking mixture in bulk so that i have something quick and easy to do when i look after my necies a nephew. (some weekends i have my 3 girls and my sis in laws 4 kids lol).

timetable, Sep 14, 8:43am
man sounds busy at your place! ! hey enjoy the baking and take care!

timetable, Sep 15, 6:18am
bumping to the top only 100 days to go! ! ! ! ! ! ! yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !

timetable, Sep 16, 3:56pm
98 days to go... ... ... whats everyone up to with planning etc - your thoughts on christmas... . .

a_n_h, Sep 17, 9:10pm
i have almost finished paying off my toyworld laybuy which will be most of the pressies for the kiddies. i know what i am buying my grandma just need to save for it(i am getting her a swing seat). just need to sort out what im buying the in laws and my auntie and uncle. have got ideas for everyone else. need to start gathering stuff to make up hampers for our boss and our neighbour. food wise i am gathering ingreadiant to make some yummy food off this thread. and started keeping an eye on here for decorations.

a_n_h, Sep 19, 7:14am
bumping... . . up from page 2

timetable, Sep 19, 9:20pm
hi all 96 days to go! ! whats on the menu for christmas dinner this year - would love to hear what everyone will be up to!

a_n_h, Sep 24, 4:53am
bumping... . . i am guessing christmas lunch will be at the inlaws(out laws hehe) this year. so will be left overs for dinner if we feel like eating at all. mother in law always has food from here to eternity. enough to feed several armies! ! hams, chickens, salads, s-
puds, everything lol. and trifle which you dont even smell if your are sober driver.

a_n_h, Sep 27, 8:23pm
bumpin ... not long to go now! !

timetable, Sep 28, 8:14am
hi all, your right a_n_h - not long at all! ! so gonna do the nigella turkey again with jamie olivers herb butter under the skin, new spuds, peas and carrots out of the garden, aspar with slivered almonds and herb/lemon butter, wild rice salad, redslaw, enough dessert to sink a battleship, junk food to fill a tank and nibbles to keep us going to the end of jan! !

pam.delilah, Oct 8, 9:29pm
Christmas Digestive Tea
This fruity, spicy mix smells divine and may be very welcome after a big meal!

4 tablespoons pure Ceylon leaf tea
1 thumb ginger, finely chopped
1 vanilla bean, chopped
1 cinnamon quill, broken into small pieces
4 whole cloves
Zest of 1 orange (use a zesting tool)
1 stalk of lemongrass (tender middle section only)
2 tablespoons dried cranberries, coarsely chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and place in a cool, dry spot for at least 4 hours to allow flavours to infuse.
Cut 8-10 circles of muslin about 12 cm round and spoon in the tea mixture. Tie into little bundles with kitchen twine and store in a sealed container until ready to use (up to 24 hours).
To make tea, boil water and allow to stand for 30 seconds before pouring it over the infusion bags, either in a teapot or cup. Add a little honey to sweeten if desired.
Makes 8 to 10 cups.

traintracks28, Oct 9, 3:48am
bumps thread as she just found it

a_n_h, Oct 11, 9:43pm
bumping... . keeping this thread up as the big day gets closer and closer