The Great Christmas Recipe Thread

Page 3 / 47
dolphinfan, Aug 14, 1:00pm
I cut and paste this a few weeks ago Peanut chocolate clusters
Hope this is the one you want. 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 pkt while chocolate melts {375gr] 1&1/2 cups salted peanuts 1pkt plain Hi Mark crispy noodles Melt peanut butter with chocolate. add to bowl of noodles {broken up } & the salted peanuts. Mix well together put "blobs" onto greaseproof paper to set. I use "Pams" white melts bit more than you need in the pack, but they are the cheapest, I have made these with both white melts & normal choc melts , when I did not have 375 grams of white just used mostly white with balance of choc.
banana_queen (1)1:36 pm, 11 JulThought it sounded good for christmas
______________________________-

moderne.ms, Aug 14, 7:51pm
Have read all sorts of facny biscotti recipes, but haven't been able to find a plain one. Would you recommend them - do you have a nice recipe?

brianmac, Aug 14, 8:50pm
I do have some good ones they are not dead plain though, but not fancy either. Biscotti is actually very easy to make.

country_babe, Aug 14, 9:04pm
brianmac Can I freeze these cakes with the icing on or freeze the cakes first then ice before sending them away.
Thanks heaps for you help.

jimness, Aug 14, 11:06pm
mallowpuffs as xmas puds... dark chocolate coated mallowpuffs, drizzle white chocolate over so that it runs down the sides, then top with two spearmint leave on either side. They look FANTASTIC and everyone raves over them.

timetable, Aug 15, 1:18am
back at ya jenna68! hows everyone's planning going? take care!

brianmac, Aug 15, 2:28am
You can keep, well wrapped and stored in an airtight container for two months or in the refrigerator. If you are going to freeze, do it without the icing as the freezing process will make for a tacky icing when it thaws. Just make sure they are well wrapped and then wrapped in tinfoil.

carpi, Aug 15, 2:53am
xmas puddings I will be making Xmas puddings soon and putting them in the freezer, improves the flavour.

lilyfield, Aug 15, 7:13am
brianmac or David have you got a tried and proven Stollen recipe?

one that keeps well, like the bought imported ones?

dolphinfan, Aug 18, 8:14pm
bump Can't let this one go

brianmac, Aug 19, 2:03am
Christmas Gingerbread Biscuits 125g soft butter;100g brown sugar;125ml(1/2 cup) treacle;1 egg yolk;375g plain flour;1 tbsp ground ginger;1 tsp maixed spice;1 tsp baking soda. Beat butter & sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer till creamy;beat in treacle, egg yolk then stir in sifted dry ingredients. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Cover, refrigerate 30 mins. Roll out between two sheets of baking paper til 4mm thick. Cut Christmas shapes from dough using Christmas cookie cutters. Make small holes in the top of each cookie for hanging if desired. cont... ... ... .

brianmac, Aug 19, 2:05am
place 3cm apart on greased oven trays. Bake in mod oven 10 mins or until firm. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Pipe with Royal icing-using various colours and decorate with silver or gold cachous if desired -These will soften a little after hanging on the tree, but are quite edible.

wron, Aug 21, 11:41am
Was on P4 Easing back

brianmac, Aug 22, 2:28am
x1
Jewel Delights Buy a good quality Turkish delight for this recipe.
100g Turkish delight;200g white choc, melted;60g butter, melted;1/4 cup pistachio nuts;3/4 cup Brazil nuts, coarsley chopped;1/4 cup flaked coconut;200g milk choc, melted;60g butter extra, melted;1/4 cup toasted coconut. Chop T delight into 1/2 cm cubes. Combine white choc and butter in med bowl, stir until smooth;stir in nuts, coconut and Turkish delight. Spoon onto sheet of greaseproof or baking paper or foil and roll into a sausage shape about 4 cm in diameter. cont

brianmac, Aug 22, 2:30am
roll mixture up in the paper refrigerate 1 hour. Combine milk choc and extra butter in a small bowl, stir until smooth. Brush all over roll and sprinkle with toasted coconut, refrigerate till firm. Stand roll at room temp before slicing. Refrigerate before serving.

timetable, Aug 22, 9:04pm
bumping for the morning crew! hows everyone's prep going? got all my baking stuff in from bin inn, christmas puds underway for frezzing, made fruit mince yesterday and christmas relish for my tue job. have a blessed day everyone!

ams7, Aug 24, 6:40am
bumping for more xmas recipes. I love xmas.

rarogal, Aug 25, 4:22am
Kahlua/Chocolate Trifle I made this up a few years ago when my kids decided they didn't like the traditional trifle. Break pieces of choc trifle sponge into bottom of bowl, drizzle with Kahlua and a little berry juice. Add lots of berries, I use boysenberries, blackberries & raspberries, sprinkle a little more Kahlua over the berries. Cover with chocolate mousse or choc custard (I've tried both). Top with whipped cream if you like and decorate with shaved choc and/or extra berries.

brianmac, Aug 25, 5:38am
sounds like my concoction mine is a black forrest trifle and I use the filled swiss roll (chocolate) and layer a glass bpwl with slices then drizzle over a little brandy - or just the juice of the fruit if children are eating it. I use the jars of chrries or frozen boysenberries. Top with choc viguer or choc custard (you used to be able to buy it) or the Tararua Mousse. spread with whipped cream and grated chocolate - yummy.

jaybee2003, Aug 25, 6:38am
To use up leftover mincemeat - I always have some leftover and was so pleased to see this on the board last year. Thanks to whover posted it :-) It is yummy. PEAR MINCEMEAT CRUMBLE: About 5 sliced peeled pears, 1 1/2 cups mincemeat, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup rolled oats, 75gms butter, 1/2cup slivered almonds. In a 2. 5litre square baking dish, combine pears, mincemeat and lemon juice. In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and rolled oats; cut in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over pear mixture. Bake 190o for 45 mins. Makes 6 servings.

jenna68, Aug 26, 12:48am
Sheesh avis. . you are showing us all up hun! ! ! Do you get organised like this every year, you are so good :o)

timetable, Aug 26, 7:11am
hee hee hee! ! yep jenna i admit that i am pretty organised - have to be! am a christmas junkie so that helps heaps! ! we find that it helps with the budget so much if we spread the load out, so we do layby's and i try and get the baking order in with bin inn in july and then start in aug. my fruit mince recipe is an allison holst one and it keeps well for months in the fridge. xmas puds keep well and have i found improve, when kept in the frezzer so i try to start them in aug and do a couple or 3 each weekend. and nigella's christmas relish is lovely and soooooooooooo improves when its aged! take care and have fun with the christmas prep! !

sylviasmother1, Aug 28, 10:14am
made this the other day... soak 1kg of fruit mix in 2cups of strong coffee over night then mix in 2 cups of S. R flour and a broken up king size bar of driut and nut choc. bake for about 50min at 160. sounds weird but is lovely!

shula2, Aug 28, 12:05pm
Fruit mince Two years ago I made the most wonderful fruit mince. It started with two bananas cooked in a fry pan with other fruits, and brandy to follow.
The point is I have LOST the instructions. Anyone have them. Very little was made into tarts, couldn't keep people with spoons out of the container

books4nz, Aug 29, 1:18am
#35. . add a jaffa lolly in the middle of the "leaves" for a holly look. .