Wanted nice salad to go with lasagne please

kiwitrish, Sep 17, 11:35pm
Have 8 people coming to dinner friday night.Thought I would make lasagne and serve it with salad and garlic bread.Does anyone have a really nice salad that would go with it!

fifie, Sep 18, 12:08am
With lasagne which is heavier i'd keep the salad fresh and simple. Either baby spinach leaves or lettuce with few manderin segments, red onion, slivered almonds for crunch and good vinegarette with lemon juice tossed through. ORtorn lettuce,cubes of tart green apple, with a mustard vinegarette, made just before serving.

kiwitrish, Sep 18, 12:16am
Fifie, that sounds nice do you have the recipe for the mustard vinegarette please!

fifie, Sep 18, 1:11am
i just use 3-4 tblsp olive oil, good splash of white balsamic vinegar, 1/2-1 tsp ready mixed hot english mustard ( dijon will do if u have that, ) s/gr bl pepper, gd 1/2 teasp sugar, whisk it all till combined. Increase quantities for larger lots, and have dressing made up before cubing apples tip it over apples toss well to stop going brown, then toss all through the lettuce leaves.

kiwitrish, Sep 18, 1:20am
Thanks fifie.

zappi, Sep 18, 2:17am
We made the annabelle langbein salad recipe for christmas.
6 cups salad greens, crumble over a block of blue vein cheese. Put some walnuts in the oven to roast. When cool toss thru the salad. Make up a mustard vineagrette dressing to drizzle over it. It was really yummy

davidt4, Sep 18, 3:46am
The asparagus season has begun.With something as heavy as lasagne I'd serve a salad of blanched asparagus dressed with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, maybe some shaved Parmesan or some toasted hazelnuts.

frances1266, Sep 19, 11:54pm
I like a plain lettuce salad with vinaigrette to go with lasagne.Lasagne can be quite filling.

52many, Sep 20, 6:52am
Also instead of garlic bread why don't you try those rolls that you heat up for about 5 minutes. They are a bit lighter in texture and people can add their own butter and garlic. Just a thought.

martine5, Sep 21, 6:47am
I'd use a packet of brocoslaw which is coleslaw made with brocolli, its cruchiness would go well with lasagna, I'd mix it withwholefoods mayo and lots of fresh herbs if you have them in the garden