What can I use to bake a Panettone in?

sarahb5, Jan 6, 10:58pm
It was delicious - taste and texture were just the same as you would find with the hugely expensive imported ones and it lasted well too.The addition of the vanilla and dried fruit turned an every day favourite into something really special and tasty - I will definitely do it again and, in fact, I have been told I have to!

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 10:28am
I wnat to make Panettone for Christmas this year, and although it's more than 3 months away I am wanting to be super organised this year and start planning for it now.

Panettone (Italian Christmas bread) is normally baked in a very deep tin or ceramic pot. Any suggestions on what I could use would be much appreciated. I had thought of a terracotta plant pot (brand new/unused obviously!) but wondered if there may be something else I could use.

lilyfield, Sep 9, 10:45am
An old alu billy

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 11:00am
What is an alu billy! alu! Do you mean Aluminium!

shop-a-holic, Sep 9, 11:08am
A Bundt tin is quite good.

lilyfield, Sep 9, 7:13pm
Aluminum billy, they still sell them in camping shops, borrow one from a camping friend, line with baking paper and wrap the outside with newspaper as the tin is a bit thinner than normal bakeware,
Perfect shape,

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 8:18pm
Brilliant idea! thanks for that.are you sure the newspaper won't burn though!

lilyfield, Sep 9, 8:31pm
it does not burn on my Christmas cake.

sarahb5, Dec 13, 5:20am
I'm giving one a go this year in my breadmaker and the pan in that is pretty deep - I know it won't look exactly the same as a bought one with the fancy waxed wrapper but they are so expensive to buy I thought my own version was worth a try.I will just use my sweet bread recipe and add some peel, raisins or cranberries and vanilla rather than just mixed fruit.I have read some people on here soak their fruit before using it but not sure that's totally necessary.I am going to be sort of fibbing to my family about what it is anyway as they all say they don't like panettone so this one will be a compromise version called Christmas bread!

korbo, Dec 13, 7:49am
please let us know how it turns out in the breadmaker.

sarahb5, Dec 13, 9:25pm
Will do - I have croissants already in the freezer in case it's a disaster!

cookessentials, Dec 14, 7:26am

cookessentials, Dec 14, 7:26am