Need inspiration for this weeks meals.

lisaj7, Aug 12, 9:54am
Want to cook a few new/different recipes this week for a family of 4.Any great ideas!

daisyhill, Aug 12, 10:14am
I made the most amazing chicken and cider pie last week from Food magazine. Would definitely make that again!

Also recently made beef and stout stew, and chicken and white wine stew, from Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food book. They were delicious and very easy to make but very tasty.

Not all my meals have booze in them, honest ;-)But at this time of year, a pie or stew of any kind goes down really well anyway.

My husband made a mushroom risotto tonight which looked delicious although I don't like mushrooms so didn't try it.

If I was in a hurry I'd make a bacon and egg pie with some veggies, a la this recipe from the Frugal Kiwi:
http://debbiekoenig.com/2010/03/02/guest-post-kiwi-kai-bacon-egg-pie/

sarahb5, Aug 12, 10:25am
Search for meal plans in this thread over the last year - you will find heaps of ideas.Our meals are pretty boring this week but here you go:steak, egg (or mushrooms) & chips, roast chicken, chicken pie, bangers & mash, lasagne, nachos

village.green, Aug 12, 10:55am
Last night I made a beef and guiness stew in slow cooker, only a few ingredients from Joan Bishop's book, very nice and I could buy a single bottle of guiness for $4.50 from Liquorland.
I always do roast chicken during the week.
Stirfry with either pork or chicken or just lots of different veges on rice noodles.
Spag Bolognese and if you have any leftover bolognese add chilli beans and have over rice or corn chips.
Soup (pumpkin, pea and ham)
Baked potatoes
Fish panfriend in breadcrumbs.
Fish pie with fresh fish and tin of smoked fish and or prawns.
Nachos with tinned chilli beans, sour cream and salad (this is one of my quick Friday night meals).
Roast beef or lamb and use the leftovers for bubble & squeak.
Dahl and rice
Meat curry and rice.

rainrain1, Aug 12, 7:20pm
Potato Soup
8 potatoes scrubbed and cubed
1 onion chopped
2 sticks celery chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon butter
6 teaspoons Vegeta stock granules
1 tin cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
500 g bacon cooked and chopped
2 cups grated cheese

Cook the onion, celery and garlic until softened. Add the potatoes and stock granules and enough water to cover all the veggies. Cook until the potatoes are cooked, then whiz with your hand blender. Add mushroom soup and bacon to the potatoes. Cook gently for a few minutes before adding the milk, cream and grated cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.

rainrain1, Aug 12, 8:04pm
Shearers Mince Pie

5 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
500 grams mince
1 onion chopped
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 small tin (250g) mushrooms
30g extra butter
Cheese Sauce
60 grams butter
1 quarter cup plain flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated tasty cheese

Preparation method
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a large casserole dish. 2.Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices and place in a bowl of cold water. 3.Heat the oil in a frying pan and add mince, onion, sauces, salt and pepper. Cook over a medium heat until the mince is browned. 4.To make the cheese sauce: melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour, blend until smooth and gradually add the milk and stir until sauce thickens. Reduce the heat to low and stir in cheese. Season to taste and remove from heat. 5.Line a casserole dish with half the drained potato slices. Pour in the mince mixture and top with mushrooms. Pour the cheese sauce over the mince mixture and top with remaining potatoes. Dot the potatoes with extra butter. 6.Cook for 30-40 minutes till the top is browned and bubbling.

Edited to say mine took longer to cook that that

jessie981, Aug 12, 9:32pm
Haven't thought about this week but last week
Thai chicken / rice / pappadoms
Lasagne / garlic bread
Schnitzel / potato bake
Last night marinated chicken nibbles

bo0tsey, Aug 13, 9:53am
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
Corned beef
Lamb shanks cooked in red wine in the slow cooker
Beef stroganoff