OK I have a new toy - Pressure Cooker :)

jude164, Aug 24, 7:11am
I have made lamb neck chops and a hungarian goulash, apart from soups, curries etc what receipes have been a family hit using the cooker. I am so impressed with it.

nfh1, Aug 24, 7:53am
Do they still hiss!I remember my Mum having one, I always thought it was going to explode!

jude164, Aug 24, 8:17am
LOL I was terrified of my mums as a kid, this one hisses but it won't explode like the old ones (so they assured me), the meat is so dam tender and I used shuck steak tonight which I would never have used in the past but we have a 1/2 beast that has cuts that I need new receipes for.

nfh1, Aug 24, 8:36am
Me too, that is why I have never had one myself, although I am beginning to be tempted by your posts!

Good Luck with it - just might have a look at Briscoes tomorrow!

jude164, Aug 24, 10:27am
I got mine from Stevens on sale from $199 down to $145 but I can see that the savings from the oven not being on for 2 hrs it will gradually pay for itself. 40 mins from start to dishing up and the meat soooo tender.
Oh and the hisss is a gentle hiss not the manic one that I can remember lol

schnauzer11, Aug 25, 3:46am
You've made a good purchase.I love my pressure cooker,so much quicker and easier than a crock-pot.I make great stews with cheaper cuts,shin beef being our favourite.Lots of vegies,not too much water,then thicken with cornflour and water at the end.Soups are great too,veg and barley.Corned beef without the flavour boiled out of it! I often make bean salad.You still have to soak your dried beans overnight.Rinse them,just cover with water,and give no more than 10 minutes once up to pressure.Rinse well with cold water,add whatever herbs/spices you want,salt,brown sugar,splash of cider vinegar and olive oil.Fantastic,and so fast.Enjoy your new kitchen friend!

julie_, Aug 25, 4:12am
I bought a fagor one at a garage sale. Is there anything I need to check, aside from the gasket! (It needs a new one).Hope it's okay to ask in here jude, rather than starting my own thread! :)