Help please- forgot my curry- safe to eat?

nickyd, Aug 31, 7:41pm
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on food safety.
Last night I made a big beef curry for 8-10 people which didn't finish cooking until about 9pm. (Was going to have for dinner tonight).
I stupidly forgot to put it in the fridge before I went to bed and only remembered at 6am this morning that it was still out on bench. It would have been sitting for about 8 hours @ room temperature of about 15 degrees. I feel so mad with myself!
My first thought is that I will have to throw it all out!
Or if I froze it for a few weeks would it then be safe to eat once thoroughly reheated - or better to just chuck it!Anyone have food safety knowledge to advise me.!
Thanks!

ruby19, Aug 31, 7:58pm
I would eat it, just reheat well.

toadfish, Aug 31, 8:03pm
It was quite a cool night, if i did it I would heat it thoroughly and serve it up.

wheelz, Aug 31, 8:38pm
ditto.it's going to be reheated to a safe temp anyway.

prestoni, Aug 31, 8:52pm
I wouldn't worry about leaving it overnight, one recipe book I read suggested leaving some of their curry recipes overnight to develop the flavour. As long as it didn't feel warm when yo checked it this morning, I reckon it should be fine as long as it is well reheated before you serve it.
Mind you, I come from a family of cast iron guts!

kuaka, Aug 31, 9:00pm
Food, especially moist protein foods, shouldn't be left for more than an hour in the "danger zone" which from memory is between 3 deg and 63 deg, so anything left at room temperature is within that range.Having said that, however, if it was me, I would eat it but make sure it is thoroughly reheated, and not just reheated, but kept hot for longer than you would normally keep it hot before serving, if you can follow what I'm saying.Don't just reheat and serve, reheat, keep very hot for some time and then serve, so reheat it well before serving.I certainly wouldn't be recommending you do this if it was a chicken or pork curry.If you do eat it, come back and let us know if anyone suffered any ill effects.

davidt4, Aug 31, 9:10pm
It should be fine, particularly if it was covered.Just make sure that it is thoroughly reheated.

nickyd, Aug 31, 9:34pm
Thanks so much for your comments - it was covered and felt cold in the morning - was in a big Le Creuset covered casserole.I will heat it really well - was going to reheat for quite a while anyway as it was still a bit " liquid" and needs reducing further.

nickyd, Sep 3, 7:14am
x1
Just to let you know that we ate the curry after a thorough re-heating and all lived to tell the tale. Thanks for the advice.

duckmoon, Sep 3, 7:16am
I was a cool night, I would use my nose and my eyes and then probably use it

rover79, Sep 3, 7:43am
How did people get on with leaving food in the kitchen safe over night and using the next day.
I would be more worried about a kids lunch on a hot summers day, or hot food from a shop that looks as though its been in the warming cabinet most of the day, and its still in there for sale.

purplegoanna, Sep 3, 7:51am
My boilup getsleft out overnite after the first nights boil.neva had a issue.

kuaka, Sep 3, 8:03am
I suffered a terrible attack of food poisoning after eating a sausage roll late afternoon from a cafe, where it had obviously been in the warming cabinet too long.