Avocado Chocolate - it has to be good for you ?!?!

davidt4, Jul 25, 4:25am
I assume you're not serious.2 ounces of avocado = 57g.Divided among 60 pieces that's less than a gram of avocado per piece.

geldof, Jul 25, 4:46am
Why spoil those ingredients with the condensed milk.
Chocolate and avocado mousse is really nice.

babytears, Jul 25, 4:57am
You're dead right I'm not serious. it's chocolate for goodness sakes.

cookessentials, Jul 25, 9:48am
The avocado is to replace other fats that would be used. NZ Avocado has the recipe and link on their facebook page as we do too. I will try it at some stage when avo's are not $3.95 each. NZ Avocado has a number of great recipes using avo's in place of regular fats.

shop-a-holic, Jul 25, 10:57am
I have to disagree.

This recipe is not different (avocado omitted, of course) from the chocolate and pistachio one we had a talk about earlier; nor is it any different from sarahb5's pistachio and cranberry creation.The recipe has been coverted by many (incl Nigella, Donna Hay and even commercial food producers) and is rampantly available; so I fail to see how NZ avocado can say it replaces fats otherwised used.

You can add anything to that recipe.

Realistically, you can't get 60 pieces of fudge from the recipe. I probably produce 24 fantastic-looking sizes; but it's only because I'm a piglet.

cookessentials, Jul 25, 7:16pm
Oh well, I will be trying it at some stage/

willyow, Jul 25, 8:51pm
Not a great use for avocado. I eat half an avocado daily in some form. Years ago my posh RemueraDr told me to eat half an avocado a day and have a glass of red wine -that way I would never have heart disease. It seems he was right - I have BP of120 over 80making me a65 year old with the BP of an 18 year old. The rest of me is pretty stuffed though.

sarahb5, Jul 25, 9:38pm
I keep my chocolate pistachio fudge in the freezer and eat it when I have a chocolate craving

antoniab, Jul 25, 11:16pm
Yuck! I love avocados but as savoury only! Have had avocado mousse and thought it was revolting!