Ideas for a dip filling for a Cob loaf.

imtully, Jul 26, 1:46pm
I want to take a dip filled Cob loaf to friends on Saturday night as a platter and would love some ideas on works well for the filling

worzel6, Jul 26, 7:22pm
This is so yummy. everybody raves over it. it has become my speciality dish. of course if your are watching your weight it's not so good!
1 and 1/2 punnets cream cheese
3/4 cup condensed milk
1 onion diced
1 teaspoon curry powder
silverbeet chopped (I don't often put it in as i don't have any)
garlic
1 and 1/2 cup grated cheese
mix altogether and put inside hollowed out cob loaf, replace lid wrap in foil and bake in moderate oven for 1 hour.

toadfish, Jul 26, 7:38pm
DIVINE GREEN DIP.
1 Cobb Loaf, 1 onion, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silverbeet leaves (cooked & well-drained). Cut the top off & hollow out the Cobb loaf, keeping the bread to cut into small serving-sized pieces for dipping. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor & then pour the mixture into the Cobb shell & place the lid on i.e. the piece cut from the top of the loaf. Bake at 150°C for 1/2 hour. Serve warm.

Note: From Julia– “This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always serve other things e.g. Snax crackers, finely sliced French bread .I have also done in it in small rolls for individual dips & my Aunt has served it up as a Vegetarian meal, 1 dinner roll with filling and lots of chopped up vegetables for each person.”

kirmag, Jul 26, 10:52pm
the BEST ever cobb loaf -
Bacon
Onion
Spinach (baby spinach leaves in the bags are always good cos u can just rip it up easy)
1 tub of cream cheese
1 cup of tasty cheese
1 cup mayo (best foods is the best)
A dash of worchester sauce (not essential tho)
A sprinkle of dried mixed herbs (not essential either but for a lil more taste)

Fry up bacon and onion.Take off heat and add ripped up spinach and mixed herbs.In a seperate bowl mix the cheeses and worchester sauce.Once all mixed then add the bacon mix and mix it all up good, then put in the cobb loaf and put in oven for 20-30mins or until u think it looks good.

jessie981, Jul 27, 12:48am
I use bacon now instead of ham, more tasty
Savoury Bread Dip
Vienna or Cob loaf
2 ctns cr cheese
celery
onion
tomato
ham
zucchini
mushroms
peppers
courgette
Remove lid from bread. Scoop out bread & set aside.
Lightly sautee` diced vegetables. Stir n cr cheese.
Replace lid & wrap n tinfoil.
Heat through 1 - 1&1/2 hrs @ 150.
The removed bread can be cut into fingers or bite size pieces & crisped in the oven to use for dipping.

nadineb, Jul 27, 3:48am
Would never thought of using condensed milk I normally use mayonnaise

quarterpasttwo, Jul 27, 4:09am
blue vein and asparagrass , add both to a thick white sauce , mega yum

jessie981, Jul 27, 5:58am
Mmmm, can't imagine Condensed Milk in a dip. Imagine it would be very rich!

tigerlilly16, Jul 27, 7:15am
I was thinking maybe they mean evapourated milk!

worzel6, Jul 27, 7:24am
BELIEVE ME! IT IS DEVINE! i must admit I tasted it and then got the recipe!

worzel6, Jul 27, 7:25am
no condensed milk

griffo4, Jul 28, 12:54am
This recipe below has done the rounds and it has just come back to me with a few different ideas so thought l would post,
l haven't made it l have just passed it on to others and l got it back today with these nice ideas of the hot smoked salmon which is very tasty and will now make it
Some really lovely recipes posted here and the condensed milk one looks very interesting and l think l have tried that one but the person wouldn't share the recipe

Cobb loaf,

250g cream cheese and

250g sour cream,

1/2 cup mayo

2 cups grated cheese,

opt extras, tin salmon, or asparagus, chives parsley spring onions, bacon, corn .spinach

l use hot smoke salmonand I’ve done bacon and corn.

mix all together.

cut off top of loaf and hollow out fill cover tin foil and bake at 180 deg c for one and a half hours.
can eat cut in segments or remove lid and dip crackers or toast or whatever in .
I hollow out bread bake to harden and just gently microwave the filling and put it in the loaf and serve.
it saves clogging up oven all that time.