Homemade - Irish Creme Liquer/Baileys

sharee9, Jun 17, 9:53pm
This recipe previously posted by darlingmole.
Can this be used straight away or does it have to sit awhile!

TIA

Irish Creme Liquer (must be stored in fridge)
4 egg yoks
1 400 g can condensed milk
300 mls cream
3 T chocolate sauce
2 t coconut essence
450 ml Irish Whiskey

Mix well, store in fridge. The End.

geldof, Jun 17, 9:56pm
I use it straight away.

sharee9, Jun 17, 10:04pm
Cool!

bounce16, Jun 17, 10:05pm
Use much the same recipe but without the egg yolks and often add bourbon instead of whiskey.Yum!Very fattening though lol!

rosel4, Jun 18, 11:22am
Anyone got the recipe that uses a 2 litre container of French Vanilla Icecream for Irish Creme!

TIA

kuaka, Jun 18, 11:28am
Mine uses 1/2 litre vanilla ice cream - will that do, you can always double or quadruple the recipe.

3/4 cup whisky
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 litre vanilla ice cream (or French vanilla if preferred)
2 tsp powdered instant coffee
1/4 tsp chocolate essence
1/4 tsp caramel essence

Combine all ingredients and beat with egg beater or mixer just enough to blend together.

dollmakernz, Jun 19, 1:09am
and another yummy one!
Giggle Juice

250ml whiskey, 250ml cream, 250mls condensed milk, 1Tbsp cocoa, 3-4 drops almond essence, 3 eggs. Mix altogether in a blender and store in the fridge. I actually find this a bit strong so usually add a bit more condensed milk and cream!

rainrain1, Jun 19, 1:30am
on the rocks !

tehenga288, Jun 19, 8:15am
I've made recipe from OP for years but there is now a caution about raw egg yolks being dangerous especially for pregnant women and elderly people so maybe try without the yolks and see if you like it and always keep it in the frig. After whizzing it all in the blender we would drink straight away over ice but was better after a week or two , sometimes thinning with milk to make it less rich and go further.

janny3, Jun 19, 2:28pm
How about the recipe that used whole eggs in their shell, left to dissolve into the alcohol and therefore preserve the eggs!

Or is that for another kind of liquer!

All I remember is that it was absolutely delicious.

WOW!I'm looking forward to making this for xmas prezzies.THANKS!