Meals arranged in a stack formation?

livinginsin, Jun 23, 12:21am
My sister and I are hosting a dinner party for our Mum turning 60 in August, catering for only around 22 people as she didnt want a big thing! Looking at doing a proper 3 course dinner, perhaps entrees served on platters handed around rather than a sit done meal. For a main planning on doing a roast sirlon, arranging in a stack like formation ideas appreciated. And for dessert would like to make individual desserts, and ideas greatly appreciated. Cheers

livinginsin, Jun 23, 12:22am
Reposted with a different heading for some suggestions please.

masav, Jun 23, 1:34am
Perhaps you can make some sort of potatoe/ Kumera cake / rostiplace the roastsirloin on top with a red wine jus and a few fresh blanchedgreen beans on top

masav, Jun 23, 1:35am
Or a surf and turf style stack with king prawns on top and a blue cheese sauce , or have the meat on a roasted portobello mushroom. With a cracked pepper sauce

livinginsin, Jun 23, 7:35am
Oh yummo, great ideas thanks, keep em coming

ducku2, Jun 23, 11:15am
meringues for desert - make them small if you want to hand then around -shape so they hold some whipped cream and a berry or two

lcl2, Jun 23, 9:02pm
For dessert break meringues into pieces and put in a wine glass, add a layer of fruit, 1 nip of Baileys and top with cream and grated chocolate Ohhhhhhhh yummy

pgta, Jun 23, 11:23pm
Nothing more annoying than food stacked up - all the juices run into everything else, it is hard to cut without squashing everything.Makes it look like there is hardly anything on the plate

livinginsin, Jun 24, 12:42am
Awwww pgta sounds like a bad experience, buggar!

tabitha, Jun 24, 2:34am
Think it should be sit-down. You can't expect people to eat off their lap (you know what i mean!)

leebee35, Jun 25, 11:10pm
I've been making yummy veggie stacks and you could par roast the veggies!Kumura on Bottom, eggplant, mushroom, red pepper and to top it with Halloumi cheese .I season the veggies + garlic with mushrooms.

Very easy just a little bit of time putting it all together.

livinginsin, Jun 26, 4:46am
Yum leebee35 sounds great.Just to clarify only the starters are going to be on platters, the rest of it will be a sit down meal.Keep the ideas coming guys