125 g butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons golden syrup
1 egg beaten
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons ground ginger
Preheat oven 180 deg C

Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low heat. Cool slightly and add the beaten egg and sifted dry ingredients. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Roll into small balls, roll in extra sugar. Flatten with a fork and bake until golden. The longer you can leave them in the oven the crisper they will be. Bake at 170 C for 20-25 minutes.this length of cooking time comes highly recommended, they should be dark in colour with a crackled top.Great for dunking.

rainbowpride, Aug 30, 8:33am
I love the anzac biscuit recipe from the heatlhy food guide website and I dont normally like biscuits.

Otherwise I make afghans for other people with hazlenuts and slivered almonds in them or a childs version where I take out the cornflakes and replace them with coco pops and pop in a tube of mini m&m's and they always go down a treat :)

annie.nz, Aug 30, 8:30pm
Another vote for classic afghans.With Kornies.

terachaos, Aug 31, 2:56am
Hugh Fernley-What's-name; Choc Chunk cookies.so easy. Bake some 2x weekly now.

dixiechicks, Aug 31, 3:24am
Hey wildflower I went to the Nestle website and the only Caramel Chip Biscuits I could see had no condensed milk version, can you advise where to find it, thanks

carlosjackal, Aug 31, 4:09am
Lemon Currant Biscuits and Gingerbread

skyedog, Aug 31, 8:58am
Please could you give us the recipe for lemon currant biscuits- they sound interesting.

macandrosie, Aug 31, 9:08am
My mum in law has always made some yummy Honey Biscuits, (my kids tell me I don't make them like her!) But they are yummy, - especially made with butter.
Honey Biscuits:
melt: 250gr butter
1 cup sugar
2 tabs honey
add: 2 tsp baking soda
2 cups crushed cornflakes
2 cups flour
Mix altogether, & place small spponfuls onto a lined tray. Roll into balls & pressflat with a fork. Fan bake @ 150C for about 10-15 mins.

sonyahare, Sep 1, 12:53am
Choc chip is the flavourite in our house hold. sometimes i replace the choc chip with m & m's .

jed, Sep 1, 5:44am
Ginger Shortbread or Caramel Afghans

grouch, Sep 1, 7:49pm
x1
Grantham Macaroons out of the Edmonds Book.

poppy62, Sep 1, 9:19pm
Cant beat shortbread but coconut macaroons are a definite favourite.

dixiechicks, Sep 3, 6:59am
Sante Biscuits

And because it's our favourite, ingredients have been doubled!

250g butter
100g sugar
2 tbsp condensed milk
vanilla essence
350g flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g chocolate roughly broken

Cream butter, sugar and condensed milk, add dry ingredients and chocolate.Roll into small balls and place on a greased trays then press with a fork.Bake at 180 for 18-20 minutes.

kuaka, Sep 3, 8:04am
I made custard creams today using my Gran's recipe - even hubby commented on how yummy they are.(And I don't think my oven was "sharp" enough, but they still turned out fine)

kaddiew, Sep 3, 10:11am
Lemon Shortbread - and heavy handed with the lemon juice & zest.