Home Made Chai (Tea) Indian Style

blou, Jan 16, 8:48am
Help had a recipe written out by an indian friendcrushed cardomon ?? seeds tea bag boil and boil .. sound familiar to anyone or please put me on the right track ..

marcs, Jan 16, 9:09am
What are you asking? Cardimon seeds and pods can be found in the supermarket or indian stores. What I do is put seeds and teabag in a 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, simmer for 5 mins then add milk. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 5 - 10 mins to get maximum flavour out of it. Strain and serve with sugar.

Here is another mixture is you want to try. A hand full of fennel seeds, 2 - 3 cardimom pods lightly crushed (or 1/4 tsp of seeds), half a cinamon quill and 2 cloves. Use the same process as above to make it. This mixture should make 2 - 3 cups of tea. Use one teabag per cup.

ribzuba, Jan 16, 4:46pm
hey this is how i make chai and I LOVE IT tastes just like what i used to buy when i was in india..
in a pot melt some butter, saute off 1/2 tsp ginger, add 1 stick cinnamon, cardamom pod, star anise, peppercorn, nutmeg, cloves (any aromatic spice you want really) and a little brown sugar, when sugar is melted slowly pour in milk (i think soy tastes best) and leave to simmer for 5-15mins depending on how strong you like it, just don't boil the mix, strain and serve, you can also make this then reheat aswell...tastes so much better than any thing else

blou, Feb 10, 7:44am
Thank you everyone really appreciated