Instead of parmesan cheese??????

abbey_magick, Apr 13, 1:02am
Making chicken and bacon fettuccine tonight and need another cheese as the guests dont like it. What would you use?

red2, Apr 13, 1:23am
just plain edam would be the safest if your guests are not fond of parmesan .

245sam, Apr 13, 1:30am
abbey_magick, my thoughts are not really going to answer your question but as a former detester of parmesan cheese I'm wondering about your guests' dislike of parmesan cheese and if they have formed a dislike of it in the same way as we and others we know did... . .

My first encounters with parmesan cheese were in the days before fresh parmesan was readily available - when parmesan came in the dried form in a shaker similar to a pepper shaker. IMO THAT parmesan, with it's vomit-like odour, is sooo revolting and both myself and DH formed a strong dislike to parmesan because of both it's taste and smell so we therefore avoided any recipes, etc. that included parmesan until the day when I discovered and bought a block/wedge of fresh parmesan - we have never looked back and now we absolutely enjoy anything with parmesan so long as it is not that revolting dried parmesan which I have taken the liberty of assuming you are not referring to.

Sorry that the above didn't really answer your actual question but maybe it's something that you'd like to consider. :-))

cookessentials, Apr 13, 1:33am
Romano is a good substitute

abbey_magick, Jan 24, 4:53pm
They are more of a basic food type people i guess you could say. I love most foods and will try anything, hard cooking for meat and 3 vege type ppl. I may end up going half and half on the cheese, to still have it, but subdued a little.