The cheese and pineapple on toothpicks

Page 2 / 2
donkey25, Jul 6, 10:11am
We just had our mid-winter christmas and i wanted to make something the kids would like too - so da da da da . for some reason i thought of the retro orange and toothpick treats. I did cheese/pineapple and cheese/cocktail onion. The pineapple ones were the most popular. I had a long white platter and put the orange in the middle and little crackers with cream cheese/salami/barkers chutney surrounding it. All the crackers disappeared - everyone seems to like them esp the kids, i used a very mild salami.

sherrie, Jul 7, 11:24am
I remember having these as kids too!It was great and Im just ova 40.We used to put ours into lemons not oranges.Cheese and Pineapple were always us kids favourite! Yum!Also the other thing that I remember is how a big bag of chippies would feed 5 of us and we all had heaps of chips even when one or two of the boys took way bigger handfuls than us girls!And look now how far a bag of chippies goes, not far at all!Thats the good old days when us kids enjoyed a special treat!And we had to play with our imagination! We had a Blast!

moore., Jul 8, 4:01am
nah, we have had lots of "do's" over the last couple years, 21st x2, wedding anniversary, 50th's x 2, and we have had Curried Eggs,the toothpicks things, usually with cocktail onions, pineapple and now the new cubed cheeses, and the lovely southland cheese rolls, and all three of these delights have gone as quick as a flash, can never make enough of them .

guest, Apr 2, 9:13am
Wow! Great to find a post kknocing my socks off!