Limited ingrediants,what can i bake?

tekeflapz, Jul 7, 12:44am
ok lovlies,i want to bake something,i have only about a teaspoon of baking powder left,no chocolate bits,no ricebubbles or nuts or raisins.just about everything else though. any ideas! we are hungry for something sweetand a cup of tea is just not cutting it lol.

southerngurl, Jul 7, 12:52am
make muffins. i dont use baking powder, i just use self raising flour.

daleaway, Jul 7, 12:58am
Got any coconut!

daleaway, Jul 7, 1:02am
Here's a thought - just leave out the choc bits and nuts:
Chewy Fudge Brownies
Makes 20 brownies

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup cocoa powder

2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups sugar

1 cup oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup water

1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350oF.

Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in the wet ingredients. If desired, add chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts to the mix.

Pour mixture into a greased 9"- x 13"-inch baking pan, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. (For moister brownies, bake 20 to 25 minutes.)

Let the brownies cool slightly before serving.

indy95, Jul 7, 1:18am
What about biscuits ! Gingernuts, shortbread, melting moments, hokey pokey, anzacs, snickerdoodles, vanilla biscuits, lemon or orange crisps.! Or a slice perhaps !

tekeflapz, Jul 7, 1:39am
oooh thanks all :O)
most biscuit recipes i have looked at need stuff i dont have,and no coconut either. im not a big baker.just feel in the mood atm lol. thankyou :O)

artemis, Jul 7, 1:48am
Any pastry sheets in the freezer! Or can you make a batch of pastry! Then - jam tarts, little apple or fruit pies / turnovers!

duckmoon, Jul 7, 1:50am
Anzac biscuits

A neighbour for some more BP

duckmoon, Jul 7, 1:51am
Neenish tarts

duckmoon, Jul 7, 1:51am
Pike lets - using the last of the BP

kinna54, Jul 7, 5:29am
Ginger crunch,(using the last dreg of BP)or Shortbread has no baking powder, although best made with butter (some other recipes you can use marg, but definitely butter for shortbread):Afghans have no BP, or when there is naf all in the cupboards try the Easy Peasy Peanut butter cookies (search Jo Seagar) *these are the ones the guy makes in the ad on TV.*

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:51am
How about some cinnamon pinwheel scones! If you don't have raisins you could use chopped dried apricots or finely chopped apples & dates! Or jam & cream scones!