I've just made this really nice Thai Green Chicken

maggie197, Jul 7, 6:44am
Curry, and what does my other half do.put great lashings of Watties Tomato sauce all over it!

ibcreative, Jul 7, 6:52am
Yours too!

carlos57, Jul 7, 7:08am
My dear son does that too.

maggie197, Jul 7, 7:12am
What I find confusing as well, is that he doesn't even like tomatoes. Does Watties put in some secret addictive additive.

carter19, Jul 7, 7:24am
A 4 Litre bottle generally lasts my 10 yr old about 3 weeks. I am a fabulous cook. I am a fabulous cook. I keep telling myself this but it is hard to believe isn't it!

carlos57, Jul 7, 7:26am
My son's the same here too! I can't figure it out. If I cook pasta with some sort of tomato sauce, he doesn't like it! Doesn't like tomato soup etc.

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:49am
Should be chargred with a criminal offense! Are teenagae boys especially bad with the tomato sauce thing! My youngest son was bad but now that he's gone flatting & has to pay for his groceries, I think he's cut back!

sossie1, Jul 8, 4:52am
we've all been there. Once cooked a "flash' roast for ex's parents-roast duck, spuds cookedin the duck fat, brussel sprouts with chesnuts (very Gordan ramsay/Jamie Oliver it was)

His dad covered it in Watties.

sossie1, Jul 8, 4:53am
To Add, Mr Sossie doesn't consider the meal finished until he puts sour cream on it.

nunesy, Jul 8, 6:07am
Is it because it's quite high in salt!I heard somewhere that men prefer saltier food than women. could be an urban myth though :-)Must confess that I do like tomato sauce on a roast myself (and I am female and most definitely not a teenager).But on a Thai green curry!I feel your pain on that one!

carlos57, Jul 8, 6:40am
In our house it's the 13 year old girl who's addicted to salt!

janny3, Jul 8, 3:56pm
Can I move in to your house!

antoniab, Jul 8, 10:39pm
Eww gross! I only like tomato sauce on sausage rolls and sausage sizzles

nfh1, Jul 8, 10:52pm
Does he like sugar!There is probably lots in the sauce.

maggie197, Jul 8, 11:45pm
Yes he does nfh1, he has a horrendous sweet tooth!This could definitely explain his love of tomato sauce (Watties, mind you!), but unfortunately it's become a habit with him to put it on nearly everything he eats.and you know what - he really enjoys his meal. Suppose I can't take that away from him.

bill241, Jul 9, 12:04am
We learnt at polytech cookery that tomatoes have a lot of whatever the naturally occurring version of MSG is, so that may explain why it is so delicious

Here's a bit about it, pretty interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami