Coffee Cake or Sponge

beewee, May 29, 8:25am
I am after a great recipe for a coffee cake or sponge (moist not dry) with a cream filing and coffee icing for my mother and fathers 60th wedding anniversary.Coffee cake is her all time favourite.

puzzler1, May 29, 8:38am
World's best coffee cake

2/3 cup canola or rice bran oil
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup yoghurt, plain unsweetened
2 eggs
1 tbsp instant coffee mixed with 1 tbsp boiling water
1 cup walnut pieces
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
Extra 1/3 cup walnut halves to decorate

Coffee icing
75g butter, softened
1 2/3 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water

Heat oven to 160 deg C fan bake.Grease well a 22cm bundt or ring cake tin.
Place oil, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and coffee mix in a bowl.Beat to combine.Fold in the walnuts and sifed flour until just combined.
Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface.Bake for 50 minutes or unti a skewer inserted comes out clean.Cool in tin then turn out.
Spread top with coffee icing.To make icing place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
If you want to you can increase the amount of icing, split the cake and use it as a filling.This is a really tasty cake!

marcs, May 29, 8:49am
I trust the reicpes from the Hummingbird bakery cookbook but I have lent mine to a friend. This is the recipe on the net. I hope it is the right one.

http://apronaddict.blogspot.com.au/2010/07/hummingbird-bakery-coffee-cake-i-have_24.html

whitehead., May 29, 9:26am
if your family cant chew nuts put a little flour on your chopping board and roll the nuts with your rolling pin the oil goes into the flour and the nuts are easy to eat

guest, Jan 11, 10:46am
With the bases loaded you struck us out with that anwsre!

guest, Jan 13, 2:10pm
Comments by some of our customers: After pilacng my order I received the cross in the mail in just a couple of days! It arrived in perfect condition and the I was very impressed with the detail and craftsmanship. Jason L. The design in this cross is so detailed and beautiful. It\'s wonderful to see people working in Christ anyway they can. I can\'t wait to see what else is put out here!! Shea B. I got the birth signs today thank you very much they look fabulous. I love them. Dawn M. I highly reccommend her stuff. Jeff V.Regarding an email updating on progress, with picture attached, You just made me cry .that is beautiful .thanks so much I LOVE IT . Tina F. Preeeettttyyyy! Thanks for making such a beautiful keepsake for her. Anna S.