Just made a great Coffee Cake

macac, Mar 4, 4:02am
Thought I would share it.
Makes quite a small cake I made it in a ring, double it for a bigger cake.

85g unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
2 eggs
2 cups (300g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 cup (240g) light sour cream or I used plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons coffee essence or strong black coffee

Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Grease and line base and sides of two 25cm x 8cm bar pans.

Using an electric beater, cream butter and beat in sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream.
Add, dry ingred.Mix

Take out 1/3 mix and add coffee to then add 2 diff mixes to pan and swirl for nice look.

Bake for 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Make a coffee icing, melted butter, coffee, icing sugar and a bit boilibg water.

Enjoy

willman, Mar 4, 5:16am
Sounds a nice cake.Will print it off and make it very soon.Cheers.

245sam, Mar 4, 5:20am
Thanks for posting the recipe macac - coffee cake would run at a very close second place to anything caramel as my favourites.:-))

macac, Mar 4, 6:11am
Very moist.would be fine just to mix all together if you didn't want to bother with marble effect. Infact I just added the coffee essence to whole mixture and swirled that. I can't tell you how it keeps as it's already gone. next time will double the mix.

macac, Mar 4, 6:12am
Also I used normal butter.
not no salt.

dinkypinky, Mar 4, 8:48am
strong black coffee - as in make with water and just use 2 tablespoons!if so, how much coffee would you use in the water!cheers

macac, Mar 4, 9:08am
dinkypinky I used 2 tablespoons in as little hot water as poss. But depends how much coffee tasting you want it. Next time I make it I will add extra of the coffee essence. I use Bushells Coffee and Chicory Essence.

guest, Jan 11, 8:50am
The hoestny of your posting is there for all to see

guest, Jan 13, 1:41pm
That's way the besstet answer so far!