Help! Ideas to use up shaved beef.

nunesy, Jun 11, 4:10am
So I just discovered that my shaved/thinly sliced beef I bought expires TODAY and not next week - read the best before date wrong when I bought it, sigh.Any ideas on how to use it up!It's Hellers brand that comes in the two connected packs.Only buy it as a treat and make it last!Oh well.I don't have cheese so can't used it as a pizza topping which was my first idea.What else could I do with it!Thanks.

dbab, Jun 11, 4:42am
Make it up into sandwiches and then freeze them ready for toasting when you're busy.

fifie, Jun 11, 5:16am
Sammies, pizza with peppers,mushrooms,cheese,Roll round large pickled onions then bacon on top secure with a toothpick stick under grill, #2s idea is goodand put some of your fav chutney on them, Iv'e bought this to often on special, and use by date is up but it keeps okay , if desperate to use put inoven proof dish with little gravy, top with mashed pumpkin leftover vegs etc and then mashed potato breadcrumbs and cheese, bake till golden and bubbly.

nunesy, Jun 11, 5:19am
Hmmm like the last idea fifie, thanks. freezing sandwiches is a new one, didn't think they'd keep well.Thanks.

32oscar, Jun 11, 6:34am
It freezes as is - I just wrap it in gladwrap and thaw on bench when making sandwiches or toasties.Good as new.

tigerlilly16, Jun 11, 6:48am
add to a stirfry or fried rice