Pumpkin soup recipes please?

petal89, Jun 12, 3:39am
any one got a yummy pumpkin soup recipe please! for a big grey pumpkin! TIA

elsielaurie1, Jun 12, 4:07am
In a large suacepan, gently cook a couple of sliced onions in butter or oil. Skin and cut the pumpkin into cubes, add potato, preferably the floury type, and carrots.The quantities are irrelevant. Add all to the onion. Cover with water.Bring through the boil and leave simmering until tender. I mash mine as I don't have a kitchen whizz, but if you do 'whiz' itdo it in small lots.To thicken mine I make a roux sauce from melted butter, flour and milk then add the soup until it it as the thickness I like it. Season to taste. You can jazz it up with herbs, parsley etc. to suit your tastes.enjoy. I don't use bought soup stocks as they can be too salty but it's up to you.

cookessentials, Jun 12, 4:25am
Cut pumpin into manageable pieces, leaving the skin on. Pop into a microwave proof dish and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover with cling fily and microwave about 8 mins. When cool enough to handle, slice the skin off with a sharp knife. To a large saucepan or stock pot, saute 1x large diced onion in butter. Add the cooked pieces of pumpkin and a 1 litre Campbells vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and let it cook for a further 5 minutes or so until onion is tender. Remove from heat and blend until smooth. return to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste as well as some freshly grated nutmeg to taste. Add enough milk to thin it down a little if required.

tjman, Jun 12, 4:56am
As above but you could also add bacon. and .if you are a fan you could sprinkle on the top, crumbled ble cheese.

tjman, Jun 12, 4:56am
I mean BLUE chesse. soz

nauru, Jun 12, 5:00am
x1
As in post 2, add some ground cumin and curry powder to onions when cooking before adding other vegetables.I also add some coconut cream and chopped coriander before serving.

karenz, Jun 12, 6:14am
I made a really simple one last week, it was an Alison Holst recipe published in the DomPost.Dice and onion and crush and finely chop garlic clove.Cut pumpkin into pieces, leaving the skin on.Cook in smallish quantity of water until onion is cooked and pumpkin is soft, remove the skin from the pumpkin and put back into the saucepan with the onion and garlic, place in a blender or use a stick blender, or even use a potato masher,add some nutmeg,crumble a chicken stock cube in (or liquid chicken stock) and more water.Then add milk to bring it up to the consistency you like and season.Quantities depend on amount of pumpkin used.

antoniab, Jun 12, 6:41am
I like to roast the pumpkin first and a bulb of garlic - also like to add 1T of homemade curry powder mmmm

chooky, Jun 12, 7:16am
I USE PUMPKIN, CAROTS, ONIONS, GARLIC AS MY BASIC INGREDIENTS. THEN I ADD ANY VEGETABLE THAT IS GETTING TO ITS END OF LIFE, LAST WEEK I HAD BROCCOLI GOING LIMP. COOK IT ALTOGETHER IN A BIG POT WITH SOME WATER, VEGE STOCK. WHIZZ WITH MY KENWOOD STICK AND ADD SOME SWEET CHILLI SAUCE TO GIVE IT ABIT OF A KICK.COOL THEN INTO THE FREEZER IN MEAL SIZE PORTIONS.YUMMY.

dons14, Jun 12, 9:04pm
I put 1 T each of peanut butter and sweet chilly sauce in my pumpkin soup. Sounds bad but tastes so so yummy.

sevenge, Jun 13, 12:13am
x1
try adding coconut cream after pulping, some curry powder, and a small amount of cumin, soooooooooooo yyyyuuuummmmmy