Mince

yorkie13, Jun 4, 9:11am
how do you get it to not have lumps in it !. i USE A FORK AND IT TAKES AGES AND IT GETS BLOODY HOT DOING IT. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

ngacooky, Jun 4, 10:28am
i just use a wooden spoon to mix it/stir it around in a little oil at the start

fisher, Jun 4, 4:15pm
I break it all up by hand as best I can when thawed.Then use two wooden flat servers. hold one so as to hold the mince back and the other to break up the clumps against it . move the first around the pan and the second to break it all up. few mins but makes the job a bit easier.

macmar, Jun 4, 8:10pm
potato masher.

lythande1, Jun 4, 8:34pm
Lumps! Stirring eliminates those. Or do you mean nasty grisly bits that don't break up! Relative gave me some of her mince when she moved, I found it was like this, it was Countdown mince. Basically it's crap mince.

pigletnz25, Jun 5, 1:50am
I use a wooden spoon, never have probs, but always have it totally thawed.
If doing alot I would do it in 2 batches.I usually do 500gms and that amount is fine.

lespat, Jun 5, 5:51am
It's not the supermarket but the grade of mince: basic, premium or prime. Huge difference between basic & other two

winnie231, Jun 5, 6:27am
I find it makes a difference how the supermarket has packed the meat. Sometimes you can see the 'lines' of mince from where it has gone through the mincer and been packed directly. I look for this as it breaks up in the frying pan easily . as opposed to mince which has been squished back together before packaging.
If I have to buy the squished kind - I crumble it into the frying pan with clean hands.