Corn fritters

livewire13, Jun 4, 1:34am
does anyone have a good corn fritter recipe using cream style corn please

eastie3, Jun 4, 2:12am
Whatever recipe you use,try separating the eggs and beating the whitesthen gently fold back into the mixture before cooking the fritters.This method means the fritters are light rather than stodgy.

litedelites, Jun 4, 9:44am
I add bacon and feta cheese to mine, T

livewire13, Jun 4, 10:19am
thanks everyone, i did make some but wasnt impressed will have to try another recipe

fisher, Jun 4, 4:17pm
Corn Fritters.You can also use whole kernel corn
450g tin of creamed corn.1 egg beaten.3/4 cup flour.1 tsp baking powder .1/4 tsp salt .pepper to taste.
Place all in a bowl and mix well together.Pour spoonfuls onto greased frypan, fry and turn when golden brown. Add herbs if wanted.

fisher, Jun 4, 4:18pm
Crunchy Corn Fritters. Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
1 cup sifted plain flour.2 eggs . 1/2 cup milk.1/2 cup cream ~ stir till smooth. Add 2 cups corn kernels. 1/2 cup spring onions. 1/2 cup tasty chees.ePour spoonfuls onto greased frypan, fry and turn when golden brown. Add herbs if wanted.

fisher, Jun 4, 4:21pm
Corn and Vege Fritters
Ingredients:
410g can cream style corn.precooked broccoli Florette's.1 grated carrot. 1 grated potato.1 finely chopped onion. 1 tsp crushed garlic.
Precooked bacon bits . salt and pepper . 1 egg.1/2 cup self raising flour . 1 tsp baking powder.
Method:
Thoroughly mix all the veges together and add salt and pepper to tasteMix in the bacon bits, baking powder egg and then gradually the flour.
If the mix is too wet add some more S/R Flour. Smaller thin fritters cooked in oil both sides till golden brown or place on clean BBQ hotplate.
Variations:
The above is the plain version and you can add in the mixing process, all sorts of herbs spices and salts to add flavour.
Try some variationsOnion / Garlic / Celery Salts
Cumin seeds / Parsley /Chives / Mixed Herbs
Whatever takes your fancy

fisher, Jun 4, 4:22pm
Kumara and Corn Fritters. Serve with crispy grilled bacon rashers, grilled tomatoes and a drizzle of golden syrup or maple syrup
Ingredients:
410g can cream style corn . 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs ( thyme or chives are great here) .1/2 cup self raising flour.1/4 cup milk.
1 egg, separated .1/2 cup roughly mashed cooked cold kumara .butter / oil for pan frying
Method:
Mix together the corn, kumara, herbs, self-raising flour, milk and egg yolk. Beat the egg white until stiff and fold into the corn mixture.
Pan fry large spoonfuls in a lightly greased pan over moderate heat for about three minutes each side or until golden.

pigletnz25, Jun 5, 1:53am
I always seperate the egg and find this gives a much nicer finish less stodgy.thanks fisher for those receipes, will try them for sure.