What kind of vinegar in a pavalova

sandranoble2012, May 26, 10:29pm
can i use malt vinegar lol thats all i have ive never made one before and want to attempt it

dezzie, May 26, 10:31pm
yes, I always just use malt vinegar for them. its only a teaspoonful

sandranoble2012, May 26, 10:33pm
thanks heaps do you have any tips lol ive never made one

mothergoose_nz, May 27, 3:08am
the easiest recipe is in the edmonds book.has times to beat sugar and white for and add rest of ingredients and beat for 5 mins.

tinkagirl, May 27, 3:12am
for the best pav you must beat for no less than 10 mins but I always do 12

kinna54, May 27, 3:36am
beat and beat and beat, adding the castor sugar very gradually. Leaving it to cool down completely in the oven enhances the crisper outer.

duckmoon, May 27, 9:05am
Any

lindylambchops1, May 27, 9:38am
I throw all the ingredients into my Kenwood chef & whisk like billyo for a good 10 mins if not more.Love pavlova!Leave to cool in oven, with oven off, if possible overnight until completely cold.

cookessentials, May 27, 10:38am
I only ever use malt vinegar.

kuaka, May 27, 11:31am
How long you beat the egg whites for depends entirely on what you are using to beat them with.Saying you must beat for 5 minutes, or for 10 minutes means nothing really.Some electric beaters go much faster than others so produce the required result much more quickly.If I use my hand electric beater because I can't be bothered getting the Kenwood out, then it ends up taking me longer.

Beat it until you think it's ready, then beat some more.

village.green, May 27, 8:36pm
Older egg whites at room temperature work better than very fresh.
Also make sure you whisk in either a very very clean plastic bowl (if using) or glass or ceramic. Any fat or grease in the bowl will inhibit the whites from fluffing up.
Jo Seagar's is the best recipe I've used it also has cornflour in it.
I use malt vinegar too.
Good luck - love meringues.

marywea, May 27, 8:49pm
Readsomewhere that whites and yolks separate better if direct from fridge. You would then wait till whites are at room temperature. Haven't tried but nothing lost to do so. Good luck-I think pavlovas are so tasty however they turn out-whipped cream covers any imperfections.