Josh Emmett-ready meals

carriebradshaw, Jun 1, 1:09am
Was in New World this morning and saw the new ready meals that Josh Emmett(Masterchef) has bought out.There were 4 different ones and they were $23-$25!Had to look twice when I saw the price,Wow!Cant imagine that too many people would pay that.

245sam, Jun 1, 1:58am
carriebradshaw, $23-$25 for a meal to serve one! or how many serves!:-))

shop-a-holic, Jun 1, 3:23am
Ditto. Had four separate heartattacks looking at the four different dishes. Opened one and found that they are presented in a sealed boil-in-a-bag type plastic. $50 for decent serving of duck. Outrageous.

Maybe I'm just a piglet.

carriebradshaw, Jun 1, 4:10am
245sam-thats a meal to serve one(supposedly,but my hubby would still be hungry after)

beaker59, Jun 1, 4:15am
Might as well go to a resturant

245sam, Jun 1, 5:25am
Thanks for that carriebradshaw.I guessed that they were probably 1 person serves but the same thought ran through my mind as beaker59's - if a couple one was going to pay up to $50.00 for a main course why not go to arestaurant where everyone (especially those with a decent appetite) would hopefully not feel as though the main was only an entree or ½ meal.:-))

shop-a-holic, Jun 1, 5:35am
It would be also much more memorable to jump on a flight to Melbourne with no luggage, dine in his restaurant at Crown Towers; change your knickers inside-out and fly home.

aasha, Jun 1, 5:36am
Better still someone else does the dishes at the restaurant - don't see them being a raging success at those prices.

bill241, Jun 1, 6:08am
Is he the guy that looks kind of like Frankenstein's monster and wears chef jackets that are too small for his frame!

bill241, Jun 1, 6:08am
Is he the guy that looks kind of like Frankenstein's monster and wears chef jackets that are too small for his frame!

Just googled it.yes, he is.

indy95, Jun 1, 6:39am
I'm sure you bear no resemblance whatsoever to a piglet, shop-a-holic. The meals are ridiculously overpriced and I doubt that many people will be gullible enough to waste their money. "Outrageous" is the perfect description.

kate, Jun 4, 2:06am
the best ready to eat range is produced by Tasty Pot. Their meals are priced at $7.49. They are all fresh, 100% natural and completely delicious.. much more affordable.

jules, Aug 20, 5:23am
thought I'd post some feedback from someone who has actually tried these meals. Firstly, they taste fantastic and are easy to heat and enjoy the benefits of hours of someone else's quality cooking. Secondly, one meal does feed two people - my husband loves a good chunk of meat and we both found that it was a perfect amount. Note they are the protein of the meal - you add whatever vegetables you fancy on the side to make a complete meal. Unless your idea of a balanced meal consists solely of a plate of meat, you should give them a try because they are actually value for money.

stressed_chef, Oct 28, 6:35am
I too several months ago - was shocked at the price of the dinners. However I decided to try the Beef Cheeks tonight with some roasted smashed potatoes, carrots, yams, asparagus and broccoli - and for us a little rice to soak up the gravy! My daughter who is extremely fussy went for seconds (and there was enought left) and it was delicious! Very satisfying for 2 adults and a teenager - I think there's still a little piece left! Next - the ribs!