ginger kisses the sponge like ones recipie please!

missmad, Apr 10, 11:23pm
x1
hi there tried online last night but seems all of the recipies i can find are bikkies not the soft sponge like ones you buy from the supermarket that are samwiched with icing, please oh please if you could help me out id be eternally grateful!

luckyduck, Apr 10, 11:24pm
Did you try looking for ginger gems?

missmad, Apr 10, 11:34pm
ah nope is that what they are called?

missmad, Apr 10, 11:35pm
ok googled and no they are not ginger gems lol

pink-dragon, Apr 11, 12:48am
When all else fails go to Alison Holst
Here is her recipe from her Ultimate cook book but prob in some of her others too. I adore cinnamon oysters but these come a close second.
Makes 36 halves 5 cm across.

125g butter softened
80 g sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 rounded household dessert spoon golden syrup
75 g flour
75g corn flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Turn oven on to 220deg C
Put soft ( not melted) butter into food processor with next 5 ingredients ( measure syrup with spoon heated in hot water). Process until smooth and lightly coloured.

Weigh and measure dry ingredients carefully directly into food processor. Process until mix is smooth.

Spoon into piping bag with plain nozzleor shape small even blob on oven tray lined with baking paper. They shouldbe teh size of hald a walnut shell. They rise a lot and so leave space between. They will fil 2 oven trays

Place in preheated oven but turn down to 210 deg as soon as door is shut. Cook for 5 min reduce heat if bottoms brown before centre springs back when pressed. They burn easily. Sandwich together with mock cream or fresh cream if they are going to be eaten soon after baking.

elliehen, Feb 3, 3:58pm
Bumped for jaxma in case you miss it on the Ginger Gem thread