Tony on Masterchef

Page 3 / 4
brett21, Jun 2, 4:31am
They cheated and got caught.

samanya, Jun 2, 7:09am
Afraid so . I'm thinking that it was completely unintentional.but they are still there & Brenton has gone! . Hellooo!

esther-anne, Jun 2, 7:25am
Hell yes-two cheats and a tell-tale still there-and one guy of integrity walks!I feel mightily peeved.Would love to have seen Brenton walk off with the whole damned lot - plus his new job.
I feel he was very hard done-by!

esther-anne, Jun 2, 7:25am
Hell yes-two cheats and a tell-tale still there-and one guy of integrity walks!I feel mightily peeved.Would love to have seen Brenton walkwith the whole damned lot - plus his new job.
I feel he was very hard done-by!

ibcreative, Jun 2, 8:38am
I agree. He's the only who came out of that episode looking good & he was still sent home. Doesn't seem fair.

elliehen, Jun 2, 8:45am
Tonight's Masterclass seemed shallow and empty with just the three eager-beavers there.

Brenton was the contestant who did not have any artifice about him.

charlieb2, Jun 2, 10:22am
ahhh no, said the same earlier in the thread. I think the majority realise this

charlieb2, Jun 2, 10:24am
am I the only one looking at your user name and location and thinking.Brett from Christchurch !(nods knowingly)

miri_s, Jun 3, 4:22am
I think the implication was that he was joking around for the camera - it was never a serious consideration on his part.Editing plays no minor role in this show.

carlosjackal, Jun 3, 7:42am
Re. the challenge in Singapore.Had "the boot been on the other foot" - as in: Tony and Chelsea had swapped ingredients in the Singapore challenge you can be sure Ana would have done exactly what Tony did. Ana said she had lost respect for Tony for not having talked to her (Ana) and Chelsea first before enlightening the judges. Well, really why should he! Would Ana have in the same situation! Oh.I don't think so. It's a competition and one with a lot at stake. Rules are rules and in any form of competition they are not made to be broken. Have you noticed Ana's body language towards Tony since that debarcle! She has a real chip on her shoulder now and it shows. She should accept that what she and Chelsea did was wrong and not hold it against Tony. Bad sportsmanship.

If the judges had let Ana and Chelsea off the hook - then that would essentially be setting a precedent; what's good for one is good for EVERYONE! During any challenge if you haven't gathered all your ingredients from the pantry, food market of wherever (and in the time given) then you'd be able to swap ingredients around and there would be no point in having a time limit to get all your ingredients. Obtaining ones ingredients is all part of the challenge and Ana can really only be angry with herself for stuffing up.

esther-anne, Jun 3, 8:18am
Debacle actually!

And if it had been Chelsea and Tony swapping ingredients!Would the same scenario apply or are you absolving Chelsea from any responsibility!Just wondering.

samanya, Jun 3, 8:58am
They did let them off the hook.
They should have both gone home.
They broke the rules (I suspect unintentionally) & they get to stay !
How is that NOT letting them off the hook!

willyow, Jun 4, 5:33am
Yes they should have gone home-but that would have meant theshow wouldbeone episodeshort of theircontract with TVNZ/NZ on Air -crime can pay!

lulu239, Jun 4, 9:03pm
In his magazine column, Simon said the swap was not against the rules! hellooo! It seems the judges can change the rules if they so wish. I think willyow has hit the nail on the head.

samanya, Jun 4, 9:39pm
What a simple explanation & I'm picking you've nailed it.

ferrit47, Jun 5, 3:42am
Cause its against the rules.
Tony deserves to win Now .

pickles7, Jun 5, 5:23am
With you, on this.

biggles45, Jun 5, 8:42am
Yay, the nark has gone.

carlosjackal, Jun 5, 8:48am
I mean in terms of a reprimand. But had they eliminated either one or both then that would have stuffed up the next 3 programmes.

sarahw2, Jun 5, 8:50am
Yuss! This will make a GREAT final now!

sharp-as, Jun 5, 8:58am
Agree wif you.tony didnt deserve to be in final:-)

lodgelocum, Jun 5, 9:56am
He does so deserve to be there

kiwiscrapper1, Jun 5, 9:59am
He does as much as the girls do but he was too smug so I'm glad he's gone. How old do u think Ana is, she has a 1year old !

duckmoon, Jun 5, 10:01am
I cant believe that Chelsea is in the final.

Chelsea!

lodgelocum, Jun 5, 10:04am
She is 40.