Bench top ovens?

terachaos, Mar 16, 2:46am
Opinions please. Wondering if these are very useful or quickly become unused bench top clutter! When there's just two of us to cater for, heating an entire oven seems such a waste; are bench tops energy savers or just as bad as a regular oven with power usage!
TIA.

spdip, Mar 16, 3:25am
We use a Tebo bench top oven with 2 elements and absolutely love it. Not sure on power useage.

cgvl, Mar 16, 6:15am
I had one and my mil has one and I found mine was great, really miss it but was only on loan at the time.
Mil uses hers all the time, g/mother also had one and used it for everything.

kuaka, Mar 16, 6:54am
Years ago I only had a ceramic hob and a bench top oven, no full size oven, and it was fine.Never missed the full sized oven, the bench top was all I needed.Never managed to cook a decent scone in it - but then I have NEVER managed to cook a decent scone in anything!Can't really remember what it was - maybe a Topcook!

mothergoose_nz, Mar 16, 7:04am
it seems such a waste to heat up the full sized oven.i have used the little oven for years now.i have a fairburn wood stove for the winter when i do bigger roasts etc.

crested, Mar 16, 7:11am
Bought one a couple of months ago Sunbeam Bake & Grill, brillaint, definitely use it a lot as there is only 2 of us.Definitely a power saver, cook chicken, roast potatoes etc,Would recommendnot a piece pf equipment sitting on the bench never used.

gasman64, Mar 16, 12:52pm
I have an easycook benchtop oven and I swear by it. Uses 20% of the power of an oven and cooks more than twice as fast and the fat drains away. Great for roasts or even a couple of steaks. i do my bacon in it and it's crispy and not overly fatty. Mine was from briscoes but the warehouse sells some cheaper ones.

virea, Mar 16, 7:30pm
I have a Breville and use it for everything. (is great for scones) do everything in it. even toast as it has aoption. for that. does both sides at once.wonderfull for toasted cheese.takes only about 5 mins to heat up.Is a good power saver.

timturtle, Mar 16, 7:57pm
I use mine heaps, its a fan bake one, does great baked spuds, i put them in the microwave first, then into the bench top oven on a hot setting, and the skins crisp up, like mum used to make out of the old cold range. I use mine a lot. Use it instead of a frying pan to oven bake chops, etc, quick to heat for pizzas etc

rozke, Mar 17, 3:22am
l roast meat bake cakes cheese toasties all sorts of things a normal oven would do.

terachaos, Mar 17, 6:48am
Thanks guys, think I might have to invest in one.