Commercial Deck ovens in the home kithchen?

fittzy15, May 2, 8:49am
I've been watching Anna Olson on the food chanel.She has a commercial deck oven in her kitchen.Was thinking of getting one too. Has anyone else done this before!Would you recommend it!

fittzy15, May 2, 9:32am
That's true.I do wedding cakes every now and then. Was wondering if you'd be able to roast a lamb in there.mmmmm.

punkinthefirst, May 2, 11:25pm
Well, they're designed for baking, so not much height in each deck. The ones I used had separate decks, and mostly used for bread and pizza baking. They take a while to heat, and would be pretty power-hungry, I think. The door wasn't well-sealed, either.
On the other hand, the industrial turbofan ovens were used every day because they were so flexible, adjustable and even, temperature-wise. They weren't big enough to get a whole lamb into, in one piece, but if you had enough racks I think you'd be pretty much able to get it in , cut up. Cake baking was a dream in them, too.
In a domestic kitchen, though, unless you are baking enough to justify the cost of either of these, you may be better off with a second domestic stove or an extra wall oven.